Pakamisa, what an experience!!

I was lucky enough to have an austrian countess on one of my clinics, after she had checked me out LOl.
She has a 5000 acre farm come trail riding reserve www.pakamisa.co.za where you can go and ride among the game or do it in a vehicle etc' it is quite exclusive at 190 pounds a night per person!!!!
she seemed to like me and invited me to go stay there and check her horses/saddles out and to teach her grooms about saddles etc' so i had a 3 night stay for free and even got paid 100 pound a day as well..
It is the nicest place i have ever stayed in, as we drove up to the door there was a waiter there with drinks!! who carried the cases to the chalet..and at dinner would place your chair under you when you sat down hee hee!! you dont get that at greasy joes in ciren!!
The car got washed, and when we came back from dinner the beds were tirned down and little sweeties on the pillows!!
Is also in the most stunning location on top of a mountain and the views were stupendous..
It was 3 miles from the gate to the lodge and another 3 to the stables..
So to the pics..not many places you give a talk with giraffe in the background
pakamisa070611019.jpg

or have a warthog family coming to share the horses dinner
pakamisa0706110351280x960.jpg

or get to feed an ostrich from your hand
pakamisa0706110681280x960.jpg

Hello.
pakamisa0706110631280x960.jpg

or where the horses come to check the flocking for their saddles.
paramisa0806110271280x960.jpg

and the gullet size
paramisa0806110281280x960.jpg

paramisa0806110331280x960.jpg

Love the free range horses in SA, on most yards!!
paramisa0806110361280x960.jpg

More to come after dinner...

excellent piccies.. i love emu's..they always make for funny pictures and how awesome to have the horses in such close proximity ..

Looks like a lovely place indeed :smile:

Fabulous Pics Norm :D

Loving the free ranging animal!!! but a bit :eek: at the pricing!!!

Fab photos Normy, looks like an amazing place! :biggrin:

LOL @ the Ostrich, that front on pic made me chuckle. Although i must admit they freak me out. They look hugggge! :frown:

Cant wait for some more photos! :wub:

Oh Norm! What a WONDERFUL place.... such luxury! Hope you are minding your P's and Q's and not uttering any expletives!!! :giggle:

Oh Norm! What a WONDERFUL place.... such luxury! Hope you are minding your P's and Q's and not uttering any expletives!!! :giggle:

Ha Ha...jane you know me...:wink:

i have made a few Faux pas though..a lot of familes here are quite religous..and i was staying with a family and on the first night as we sat down for dinner i started to help myself to food and everyone held hands to say grace!!!!!
so now when i stay with people i just sit there to see what happens!!:biggrin:

newrider.com