Oww! Stiffness and bruises!

Coventry celt

Dec 10, 2005
MAKE IT STOP!!

Rode yesterday, at a new Riding school, and the instructor had me doing circles in sitting trot - because I said I had a problem with canter.

I now have bruises where NO ONE should be subjected to bruises, and I really couldn't move when I woke up this morning! (the plan was to have a radox bath, but it didn't happen!!)

Anyone have any tips on getting rid of soreness the day after a ride?? Would going for a walk help? eating chocolate? chips?

Go for a walk and get the muscles moving again.

Think of the good it did you though:D

They are evil, those lessons where you trot indefinately without stirrups. Many times I've hobbled round the house, unable to walk upstairs! Stop reading now if you're an instructor, but....I have a theory that some instructors _enjoy_ inflicting pain on others! (only kidding).

I think the best thing for these aches is (after the hot relaxing bath) gentle stretching exercise. When you overstress a muscle, you cause lots of "micro-tears" in the muscle - these quickly knot up & mend bringing stiffness - so you have to free them again with _gentle_ movements... (that's the story I was told).

But chocolate will release endorphins? Worth a try... any excuse.

Coventry celt said:
I now have bruises where NO ONE should be subjected to bruises,
sorry cant stop laughing, :D

warm bath, gentle exersize, loads of chocolate and ice cream, sat on a cushion in front of a good film with feet elevated (after the bath and gentle exersize of course) :D

newrider.com