Owners of Freeform saddle - help please

Monika

May 25, 2008
South Wales/Bohemia
Hello all
I would like to put order for my Freeform saddle and I would need more info from you who is using this saddle.:) I have spend few weeks thinking if Barefoot or Freeform.
I am looking for deep secure seat as my mare is green and will need to be re started and I am beginner rider. Would it be better to go for classic seat (should be deep) or classic plus with polleys (not as deep as classic but should give extra security when horse bolting or going uphill). I would like to have thigh block as well.
Other thing would be underlaying. Sympanova should be more sticky - no need to tie pad and saddle together. Wool underlaying would be extra padding but could feel to much between my leg and the horse.
I would like suede saddle but I am not sure about its maintenance (i.e. rain, drying and cleaning).
Thank you very much for your help.

This is my DREAM saddle:)

FFcinnamon1.jpg

I have the classic X with poleys and the large knee blocks. I kind of wish I had got the smaller knee blocks as I am long legged and they sometimes get in the way a bit but I was warned this might be an issue so its my own fault. For security I cannot fault the classic x seat with poleys - I have only fallen off him once since I got this saddle a year and a half ago - and that was when he tripped and I went over his head. This is despite spins, spooks and general drama regularly.

I got the all leather underside and I'm glad I did. Its easy to clean. I have had a couple of different types of pad and my favourite is the mattes treeless pad with pressure relief panels. It stays put perfectly with no attachment whatsoever. I have also got a christ pad and it stays put with the aid of the velcro loops on it.

I have also used this saddle with a haf airnet pad and a haf sympanova pad - both of which caused major rubbing on my boy.

When my new saddle arrived it smelled like a very expensive handbag - I didnt want to put it near a horse:eek:

Any other questions just let me know:D

I've owned the barefoot and i currently have a freeform classic.
I've got the newer model out which is synthetic and has the swinging straps if you have a forward girth groove.

I use the haf pad and also use the wither pad which is adjustable.

There are photos of the leather model on my site, i've yet to upload photos on my newrider album, i've been away and only just returned.

newrider.com