over reach boots for BIG hoofed horse

cassy

Jul 19, 2006
Yes its me again. Got the rug sorted I think. Now I am trying to find over reach boots to fit. Have bought and tried on and returned to my local tack shop a variety of makes of XL neoprene boots as they either don't join around the leg or they just join but sit too far up and offer no protection! Any suggestions please. I thought about petal boots but doubt if the strap (fits all) would be long enough!

I use XXL ones from Premier Equine, they are a copy of the professional choice ones, you are supposed to wrap them round with a big cross over of boot but I just let an inch overlap, my get turned out in the filthiest mud and they never come off!

Have you tried the westropp ones? They are the best over reach boots i have ever used (the ones with petals) You can have them whatever size you need, just add more petals! And if they break you can just replace the different parts rather than having to buy a whole new boot!
Really dont get why people still buy the crappy rubber ones!

Yes I thought about the petal ones but need to find out the length of the strap because if that doesn't fit then it's back to square one!

haha, what about buying a replacement strap and having two straps......so it will be longer.... if that makes sense:p:)

That could work too but the buckles might get in the way. Dexter has alot of bone and pretty big feet and he still has about 9 holes to spare on his so the straps are quite long.

Thanks I will have to try and get hold of a strap and a tape measure then I will be able to check on the length of the strap.

Thanks I will have to try and get hold of a strap and a tape measure then I will be able to check on the length of the strap.

oh well, worth a try i suppose if no other boots will fit:( I have the opposite problem.......you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get a decent small pony fly mask!!:mad::eek: lol!

my boy has big feet and sadly has a dodgey feet, so I always put over reach boots on in the field... the best ones so far are just the XL Shires ones. Refuse to spent more than a tenner on field boots :p

Premier Equine are good, and agree with Marsden Shires are ok and reasonably price. Never been a fan of Westropp. Too noisey ;)

newrider.com