Out of the storm for the night

It's really not that bad with us. Saw my first snowfall last night and it is pretty windy, but I think we have it easy compared to everyone else.

Our girls have been in for two nights now. Chloe looks utterly miserable every time she goes out as her mud fever has made her legs sore. Vet took a look yesterday and said to keep them as dry as possible so we aren't argueing and she's more than happy to be tucked up with hay and a warm stable. She didn't want out this morning and greedy guts only ventured out because she could see a net hanging off the school gate!
They vote with their feet, so who am I to disagree?!

Reactions: Jessey
We have weather warnings of wind up to 30mph.
Guessing the rest if you do as well?
Ours was 70-80mph. I had to work all day outside in it and, quite frankly I felt like I had done 2 rounds with Mike Tyson by the time I had finished.

They did not argue about coming in last night, and the wind was not that bad at all really.

We are so lucky that we don't get anything like the wind you get up there Wally, I remember a holiday where I have a photograph of myself leaning at about 45 degrees into the wind on the Butt of Lewis! that was bracing, and when all the ferries got cancelled the day before we were due to go home from Orkney due to severe gales, we kept getting told 'the ferries never get cancelled unless its really bad up here' wierd sensation being in your car parked up and feeling it almost lift off the floor!
It must be incredibly physically hard work trying to work in it, not surprised you felt like you'd done a few rounds with Mike Tyson.

We generally get 2 or 3 of these a year.

wow - that is mental ! We had something similar on the IOM last xmas (when we had all that horrendous weather ) . There are some lovely photos with my face all blown and stretched looking because of the wind. There is a section near my parents which is known as windy corner (for obvious reasons) where it can get very unsafe and the strength of the wind knocks people off their feet.

There is a wall around waist height between the road , some grassy bank & then an enormous cliff which goes out to sea where i have hauled myself along each brick (using the top bricks - its an old style wall - not a modern brick one) , to across the little road to where the houses protect the strength of the sea wind.

Mine dislikes wind and rain. I bring him in every night and recently he is very ready to be collected from a muddy field with wind and rain lashing him. Certainly cant blame him, no choice really between a big straw bed with adlib hay or out in the elements

newrider.com