Out damn spot!!!

Ratface

Nov 20, 2007
West Yorkshire
Ok I have a wierd one for you!

My ID is a grey (white) and he is in his late teens. He is fleabitten which has increased as him summer coat has come through.

Anyway about a week or 2 ago I noticed a jet black spot on his fur. It looked like someone had dyed it or dabbed him with a stick of charcoal but really black and really perfectly circular. I just figured that a bit of dust or something had falled from the dusty roof in his stable and over the past few weeks have just tried to dust it off (with no luck) when grooming.

Today I had just let him out and I noticed that the black spot had turned into a scab :eek: I didnt realise it was a scab and picked it as I thought it was some dried secretion (sp?) from one of the trees from the day before but when I picked it off it was actually a scab!

I am now trying to stay calm (as I am a known worrier) but I just wondered if anyone else has ever experienced this (probably grey owners) and if they know what it is?

Please no scare stories, just factual stuff that may help, I've had a bad week!;)

Pants, now I'm going to have to get my Complete Works out to check the rest of the quote. All the ....in England will not sweeten this little hand of mine....?

Its sounds to me like he's been bitten by a nasty horse fly. Stick some sudocrem on and keep an eye, probably not serious.

newrider.com