our work this weekend

Oh, I can see the pics now. That looks like a lot of hard work. Is it mats and a track system that you've been doing? Job well done :)

Oh, I can see the pics now. That looks like a lot of hard work. Is it mats and a track system that you've been doing? Job well done :)
We took the old mats out of the field shelter as Murphy donkey keeps lifting them and it gets muddy, so put in the Mud Control mats in the shelter, in front of it (incomplete), put in 4 water troughs and put mats around them. Created a grass track had to do extra electric as the donkeys kept going under it. Plan to put in a large track in the winter field, this is the summer field. Leo comtois and the two fat donkeys are going to winter out - except if it is awful - and the two comtois, Buddy, and Aimee and Tintin donkeys have free access to the winter field and come in at night. they have access to stables if they want or can mooch around the yard.

Reactions: Jessey and Bodshi
have had to revise the track today as Suze has put on a lot of weight in last two weeks, so have chucked her and Leo up to the very top of the summer field where there is no shelter and it is the steepest bit of the hill yes there is grass on it but it will stop growing soon and it is a third of the winter field, she has been getting her muzzle off so she and leo can just stay up there with no feeding. I thought about putting her on the track but with her weight and big feet, it would be like the somme in a week. also closing off one stretch of it where it is muddy, as the rest is ok and the donkeys won't do much damage. it also means they can't use one of the water troughs so have to walk further to get to water up the hill and across. they have straw in their shelter so they are not too badly off. they were both in it this morning waiting for breakfast.

newrider.com