Our Gang 2016

all ponies still out due to the mild weather and the fields holding up well, Charlie had feet on Tuesday and is officially now signed off by the Vet - farrier checked the others whilst here, Acorn trimmed but nothing needed for the other 2, Nuts, Acorn and Charlie also had their annual jabs whilst the vet was with us- so that's it until Tess in May.

We had another shoot late last week, again no problems with the Neds , we have another next week, then in January, no boxing date shoot this year which is quite unusual, not sure wether there is boxing day Hunt meet or not in the village no doubt someone will let us know on the network.

Took daughter out for her bday at the weekend , new body protector now she is going to be backing Charlie - not a cheap job but necessary, she bought a new toggi riding coat and with the new feed buckets and a bargain pair of waterproof overtrousers each definately no change out of £300 - we do not go to the store very often, you could spend a bl88dy fortune and not blink, mins't we have saved a fortune so far with the boys being out, no hay or bedding costs - not known that for a while at this time of year.

Busy with Christmas now, most of presents wrapped and cards posted, trying to get organised but not really feeling the spirit this year yet, must be the mild weather, its just dull, grey and damp when you look out, roll on the 21st and the start of longer days..............

Reactions: Trewsers
Well nothing much changed here, I am nearer being ready for Christmas, Ponies are still all out in the field and happy, can feel the change in the weather today, much colder, I have this winter cold bug that is going around so not much patience or enthusiam to do much other than feed and check them at the moment, finish work tonight until 3rd January - can't wait for the break, hopefully I can get caught up on a few yard jobs , I am hoping for a quite Christmas break - we will see.

Last day of 2016 and all 4 ponies are still out on the hill - weehave had some hard frosts and horrible fog this week, I have been ill over the holidays so other than feeding them have managed nothing else, daughter and OH are keeping on top of the field poo.

due to the dry weather the fields are holding up really well, a few muddy areas but with the whole winter field to go at they are not creating many.

this will be the first time we have gone into the New Year with no ponies in for a long time - we will continue to keep them all out for now and see how we go.

Still no haylage/hay being fedother than a couple of mornings this week due to hard frost and no real thaw during the day, plenty of Poo's so obviously not starving!

Next post will be a new thread for 2017- as usual a great lack of photos but I will hopefully fare better next year!

newrider.com