Our Gang 2014..........

Yes - I failed to get Pics to finish the year off - with the start of 2015 I will try harder to get pics of all of them at least once a month.

the last day of what has been an up and down year for us, Tess has remained the constant in the gang - tough old girl who ails or wants for nothing- independent , strong willed Cob who as she approaches 24 acts younger every year - she is as dependent as ever on her companion - she has no loyalty to any of the other 3 - any one of them will do as long as she is not left on her own - so over winter she has Nuts and during the Summer season has any one of the others left with her.

The other 3 have all suffered with injuries to their hind legs so we have only been injury free for the past 3 months of the year - the boys came in November and so far we have avoided any field injuries which plagued us last winter. Nuts is doing fine now on a management of 24/7 turnout with Rug, her mag straps on her hinds and Turmeric and Oil together with her lammi prone and alfa bute means she is now off the prescribed bute and running around like a 2 year old despite the harsh frosts over the past week.

Nuts, Acorn and Charlie have just had their annual jabs - new lady vet who they all behaved for - including Charlie who usually gives them a hard time and makes them earn their fees!

We have only managed one show this year so we are ever hopeful we will get out and about next year if things continue as is!

so we have a small list of what we would like to achieve 2015 - Charlie to be re backed and Acorn and Emma to finally achieve first ridden to a competency for showing - both of which where on our list last year but suffered set backs thanks to the injuries.

We may have an addition this year as daughters OH after 5 years has finally succumbed to the horse bug and has been coerced by Acorn finally behaving himself for him handling wise to the extent he asked for horsy items for Crimbo this year - he even enjoys mucking out the fields and stables so that is a huge plus for me - he is now quite excited at the prospect of riding and owning one of his own - naturally if we do it will join our Gang so 4 may yet become 5 - nothing fancy a good all-rounder - cob preferably - unless of course he acquires the showing bug as well - methinks we may have to get him on Tess first and challenge him a bit - she's not an easy ride after the initial period of giving a potential rider a false sense of security, she is brilliant with the kids and don't take the mick but with an adult - well I think she sees them as fair game once they get the hang of it !

Ah well that's me signing off for 2014 - see you all in 2015!

newrider.com