Our day at the Friesian Gradings!

FayeObs

Jul 20, 2008
Halifax
bradshawfriesians.webs.com
My day started at 7am, when i did some final touch ups on Phoebe, got the trailer sorted and re-check my tick list for the 9879474987th time to make sure i'd not missed a thing!

Phoebe loaded perfectly, but little devo was very confused! He tried to get into his mum at the front of th trailer over the breastbar! so that was a little scarey! Foals feet flying everywhere!!! After we showed him where to stand, (at the back where we'd removed the partition so he could still feed) he was fine!

We set off, after a few traffic jams, the first class time was fastly approaching! We got there with literally 5 mins before the start! A quick brush over and we were already!

Devo got a 3rd Premie, we were a little dissapointed with that, but still he's in the studbook!

Phoebe got into the studbook & thinking back now, i should have entered into the 2nd class where they were grading them! (You have to get them into the studbook before you can get them graded). It just means that i'll have to go back next year, BUT, she's in and thats all that matters!!

There was some drop dead gorge horses there! and Madlady's two are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, heres to the odd pictures i managed to take whilst trying to watch at the same time!!

Ready for the devos class.
show012.jpg

First check over!
show015.jpg

A little walk
show023.jpg

A little trot
show029.jpg

Phoebes class
Judges head in the way of a very nice picture :(
show037.jpg

Running with the runner
show042.jpg

More pictures to come...

I thought that the judges were particularly strict yesterday but our colt Daegan got a 3rd premie and Freyja got a 2nd premie, when you consider though that only 25% of foals get a premie at all I think we all did well! Devo did especially well as he isn't by an 'approved' stallion so that's a really good indication of just how Dad is - I still want to come and steal him:D:D:D

It was a good day though, we will be taking Freyja again next year for a yearling grading, we had good weather and I though it was really nice that they had a separate little area for the people showing foals, it meant that they could be unloaded and have a bit of a graze and a play - Daegan thought it was wonderful that he could just go and introduce himself to other horses :eek:

I was specially pleased because we hadn't paid for a runner but they just did it for us anyway:D

CazzaP it was nice to meet you and Faye Phoebe looked really well, you'd done a good job with your trimming!

I've got some pics of mine that I'll put on when I've loaded them on photobucket!

MadLady, likewise, its so nice to meet 'real' people.

I too thought they were very strict yesterday but have to say i could easily have sneaked orf with a few extra babies....

Have realised that after the grading my new baby isnt quite as fat as i first thought but has still got her 'mummy tummy'.. We are thinking of entering her next year too see if we can get her graded again, i believe she has had a 2nd and a 3rd premier. But still hunting out her babies history..

Congrats to all of you who showed, they looked fab. Annnd wasnt the weather good too. Hope next years is there again,

Caz

I thought that the judges were particularly strict yesterday but our colt Daegan got a 3rd premie and Freyja got a 2nd premie, when you consider though that only 25% of foals get a premie at all I think we all did well! Devo did especially well as he isn't by an 'approved' stallion so that's a really good indication of just how Dad is - I still want to come and steal him:D:D:D

It was a good day though, we will be taking Freyja again next year for a yearling grading, we had good weather and I though it was really nice that they had a separate little area for the people showing foals, it meant that they could be unloaded and have a bit of a graze and a play - Daegan thought it was wonderful that he could just go and introduce himself to other horses :eek:

I was specially pleased because we hadn't paid for a runner but they just did it for us anyway:D

CazzaP it was nice to meet you and Faye Phoebe looked really well, you'd done a good job with your trimming!

I've got some pics of mine that I'll put on when I've loaded them on photobucket!

Totally agree!!! Cant wait to come and meet yours properly!! I forgot how tying it is to have your horses with you!! I'll be in contact soon and i'll come over!! xx Thanks again for all your help & support missus x

Well done Faye, they are so worthy of their achievements :D Absolutely beautiful ....

I too know nothing about Fresians, apart from there's one type I like and another type you couldn't give me as a gift.

Some are too long and too spindly. The Old fashioned brick out houses are stunning. There's one I have seen recently looks like a Thestral from Harry Potter films.

newrider.com