Our 1st XC this year ....

B

Black Beastie

Well Eowyn, Scott and I toddled off with a few friends to the Fife RC XC comp today to compete in our 1st 2ft6 class :) I made a few changes to our wardrobe and we now have a new XC bit, a nive french-link Hanging Cheek :)

Well I have to say the fences were ALL up to height and a few were over and as wide as they were tall, I was a bit intimidated with the size of them but gave myself a shake and got on with the business of getting Eowyn sorted :)

Well as those of you on my Fb will know Eowyn surpassed herself today and I will admit I had a bubble. We just had an amazing round, she answered some fantastic asks from me such as jumping when mother had no reins and flying over jumps that were causing me some anxiety :eek: We were clear and only 4 second off the optimum time, if I hadnt trotted down the lane I would have been closer but we were the closest Clear :D

We ended up with our FIRST Red Rosette going XC, there were about 15 or so in the class and when the results were read out and we had won the class I was soo happy I cried and everyone around me was laughing but in a nice way :D

Some stills from the vids and a nice movie, the music is to cover the neighing of horses as wome were getting very noisy and its not a great thing to listen to :)

Feel free to crit, we are still learning and I will take any hints and tips offered :)

XC1.png

XC2.png

XC4.png

XC3.png

XC5.png

XC6.png

XC7.png

XC8.png

XC9.png

Vid

http://youtu.be/NqR5-Ba_HkA

Congratulations!!!
I'll have my first XC lesson at some point in the next few months....eeeeek!!!!

I would recommend a little bit of XC therapy!!! I have had such a good feeling week after a good run round!!

Appreciate everyones comments, as I said any crit I am willing to take on board :D

newrider.com