Our 1st Pony Party!!!! *pics*

liz_scarlet

Jun 6, 2011
Roslin
Just back from our 1st Pony Party!!!!!

Loaded and unloaded Scarlet at both ends myself!!!!! She is a pro and went on each 1st time each end :bounce: clever ponio so happy with her.

She was a tad excited in the place but considering where we were and the fact we've never been anywhere she was amazing!!!!!!

Love my pony :inlove:

snec7thnov2.jpg

snec7thnov.jpg

this last one is what happens when you don't lower stirrups after A rides and try to trot!!! grrrrr should have adjusted them!!!!
snec7thnov3.jpg

Last edited:
What a huge confidence boost. It is often really daunting when you go to the first 'party' and so don't know quite what to expect. You both look very chilled in the photos

thanks guys, I was a nervous wreck...never ridden indoors never mind a huge arena and it was a bit intimidating :redface:

I woke this morning with a wee smile on my face :smile:

Until this time last year I'd never groomed, rugged, fed, mucked out, turned out or brought in a horse....in Feb I learned how to tack up and mount on my own (sometimes at first with a rolling start) when I remind myself how much I've learnt in a year I feel uber proud of what we did last night :happy:

Last edited:
Until this time last year I'd never groomed, rugged, fed, mucked out, turned out or brought in a horse....in Feb I learned how to tack up and mount on my own (sometimes at first with a rolling start) when I remind myself how much I've learnt in a year I feel uber proud of what we did last night :happy:

And so you should, what a memorable year for you.

some more pics....A jumping Scarlet before i actually had to ask for my pony back :bomb: and me pottering about in the back ground lol

snec4.jpg

snec5.jpg

Wow Liz you did great! And loading all by yourself too? Very impressed!

What exactly is a pony party then? What do you do there? I'm very intrigued as never heard of anything like this here.

Well done you and Scarlet (and next year it will be YOU jumping on her)
Gx

Thanks Shetlander! Was fun...despite feeling a bit like I wanted to throw up :redcarded: don't think the two falls at the weekend helped my confidence as soon as i felt her try to nap or tense up I imediately stopped her and started over...such a wuss :unsure:

YO was standing by if there were any probs the first time but second time just us :-D

Pony party seems to be hiring a venue and trailering a load of horses from the yard to have a play...some jumped, some pottered (me and a couple others) some practiced for dressage tests. Just a chance to ride on a good surface with no raind, wind or soon ice lol

x

What a great idea - so it's just like a mass get together at a big venue? Wouldn't it be amazing to do a NR pony party? Imagine getting all the faces to names - two and four-legged lol

Really well done though - another experience under your belt now then :biggrin:

First lunge then lesson

An NR pony party would be great fun :biggrin: If you guys could all just come to SNEC :giggle: FM I was a nervous wreck, check out my face in the photos I couldn't have been concentrating harder if it were an exam lol! So lucky I found yard I'm on they apparently do a boxing day one, can't wait !

Last edited:
newrider.com