Ouch Ouch Ouch!!

Brodies_Girl

Aug 23, 2007
Scotland
I rediscovered my seat bones today!!

Brodie was a very comfy boy to ride with any kind of saddle or even without, a lovely armchair type without being too wide (good for my dodgy hips!) I rode him for our last year together in my Hackabout treeless saddle which is lovely, squishey and comfy and is a joy to sit in!

My new girl is a TB, needless to say I wont be riding her bareback anytime soon! With some adjustment and a little help from a riser pad the hackabout fitted her and we started gently hacking out. Then today I rode her in a treed saddle (a thorowgood a friend had which I wanted to try on her) it fitted her beautifully and so I thought I'd take her for a plod in it.

:redface: OUCH!!! :redface:

As soon as I was onboard she felt really narrow so I instantly felt less stable and secure, my stirrups which I took off my treeless felt super short and I was desperate to jump off again straight away!

However, half way up the road I'd settled and was feeling ok, I'd put my stirrups down about 4 holes (anyone else do this between treed and treeless, seems weird!) and I had a little trot (stirrups still felt short when trotting!) and all was good untill I got off and felt the pain in my bum and thighs!! I'd forgotten where my seatbones were and how to 'use' my legs properly. My comfy saddle obviously made me lazy!!

newrider.com