Oscar XC update (with links to photos)

Lucyad

Mar 30, 2006
Renfrewshire, Scotland
I got moaned at last update due to lack of photos, but am terrible for taking any! So here are a couple of professional ones, links only I'm afraid as they are copyrighted and I havent bought them yet (but might..), from last Sunday's XC - 2'9'' novice course.

photos - 787140 and 787141

http://www.peak-photo.co.uk/index.p...hire Pony Club_Cross Country/Class 2&start=40

I did a little update in my 'need someone to get horse fit' thread in 'general', but to sumarise, we went clear but very slowly, due to riding club team xc training on Saturday, which left us both rather knackered. However he is getting over his fear of natural obsticles and wasnt spooky at all, jumping a coffin, tyres (a previous phobia), walls, steps, water etc.. So very pleased.

Just need to work on fitness now. Unfortunately he was very onward bound at the training, so all of the suggestions were to keep him slower, and more accurate. Also to keep hands lifted going into jump, something Casey recommended on NR on my spooking jumping post a while back!

We may have news very shortly of another NR resultant good news story as well! Will keep you posted if other person involved is happy for me to do so.

Cheers, yes it is my new favourite thing, taking over from SJ! I need to get fit as well though - major leg burn after fence 4 (16 to go...), then could hardly breathe, so stopped worrying about legs!

LOL I know its surprising how difficult it is to stay stood in your styrrups for such a long time. I did my first XC competition in 10 years a couple of weeks ago and I was completely shattered and we only got to fence 13 (water - I know now why it was fence 13!) and he wouldnt go no where near it! lol :D

Im currently looking for some XC colours that me and my friends can all buy and match! :D Sad I know!! (You wouldnt think I was an adult would you ;) )

Thanks folks - it was only little so not too scary, especially on Oscar who looks after me. The scariest was the steps down - they are quite tight together and steep, but we just took it very slowly!

He is, isn't he - I bought some earlier in the year, and they are SOOO detailed! The quality is so much better than my pictures!

There are some piccies of me and my old horse Sam on his site that he took last year and I was delighted with the results and ordered the whole lot:eek: My OH thinks I only ordered half of what he took though and still reckons the guy is a brilliant photographer who took 60 odd pictures of me and my horse:p Ssshhhhh:D

newrider.com