Orbitless bridle,anyone tried?

mystiquemalaika

Jan 7, 2013
Has anyone tried this?it states instant release as soon as the hands release,looks similar to happy wheel(think that's right) its basically a noseband that acts as a bitless with different settings.any info appreciated!

Me :) I use one with Belle and she works really nicely in it, I won't hack in it just now though, although I have done, just because she ran off with me in our big field and we had a wee brake failure! Took her a couple of sessions to get used to it but yes it does offer instant release and of the few different ones I tried (RI has lots) this was the one we both preferred.

Ah thank you kr :) I have been using the bosal but have the straps tied so no tightening effect more like a side pull,I have the lightrider which is really nice good for long reining I was interested in the orbitless for riding as maybe get abit more refinement from it,not that I'm riding anytime soon but doing some research :) the lightrider is like a scawbrig not sure I'd have much brakes out in company,wanted something with a little more but instant release which you have confirmed!she touch wood does not have many woo hoo moments anymore but can now and again I don't want something too strong but a little extra if needed than what we currently have.bits are a no go,I've been trying some she just does not settle,I think this is still a mental issue rather than anything else so just leaving it alone she is happy bitless.thank you for the feedback and glad belle and you get on with it :)

newrider.com