Opinions of these long boots please... (Saxon Equileather)

El-Ladybug

Back in the saddle
Aug 5, 2007
Perth-Scotland
Need opinions asap as need boots for next lesson, so errm...

This (hopefully) is thie link to the pic: http://www.equestrian-country.co.uk/pic.php?id=1237

They are the Saxon Equileather Plain Tall/Long boot. They are synthetic, with imitation pigskin lining. £39 from Robinsons.

So questions are:
a, are they decent for lasting and resisting wear etc?
b, does anyone have them and know much about them
c, are they worth the money or should i just resort to pvc (very limited money, so unless amazingly cheap leather appeared....)

Any other info would also be great.:D

I doubt they'd last long for regular wear.

They look ok, better than rubber boots, but still only ok. I have the leather version, which are currently significantly more expensive, but when they cleared the old range (which is what I have) the price dropped as low as £50 brand new.

Given you can pick up a pair of show condition Regent leather long boots from ebay for roughly the same price, I'd always go for ebay personally.

I wouldnt really recommend them unless you could be sure you'd only wear them for an hour a week or so, and for riding only, no walkign or anything.

I have some, as does my friend, the zips split at the back and wont repair, the soles coming away from the front, and we onyl had them about a month with riding about twice a week and doing no yard work in them, just walkign around after the lessons.

PVC ones are a cheaper, longer lasting option and although they might not look as pretty, or be as comfy, they're better than the equileathers.

I prefer jodphur boots and chaps for riding i must say and i only have ever had one pair of long boots and they were useless. I think unless you can invest in some really good eather boots then short boots are the way forward

i got my chaps from mc cash's in town, they were only £15 and i got my joddy boots of ebay for £15 and are proper leather ones.

my friend bought some & was initially delighted , looked good , felt good etc

but then after about 4 months they basically started to fall to bits , she returned them & got an exchange but too early to tell how the new pair are fairing

i think it will probably be a case og get what you pay for , but say for a lesson once a week they are probably an ok option

newrider.com