Operation Muck

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Given our failure so far to find someone to empty our muck trailer at an economical cost - and the blooming trailer now is leaking oil so needs a repair - we have started operation muck. Collection of around 60 pallets from Carrs Billington - we have got first time - and creating muck enclosures on the yard and in the fields. So will try our first one today and see how it goes and whether we can create enough capacity to only use and empty the trailer when all else fails.

Reactions: Jessey
I used 6ft (bigger than standard) pallets to build my composting bays, each bay has taken about 3 months to fill (just used from poo picking the area around the hay nets but it's probably 80% of what my 3 produced), the first one is now ready to be used for my veggies :) but I have to dig it out and into raised beds first.
Another containment I'm using is towers made of wire fencing within the field, they are hot composts and should mature quickly, then I just have to unwind the fencing from it and harrow the compost back into the field. I love the fact that I don't have to transport this in any way as that's the hardest part with no machinery. I plan to have several of these going as they should reduce the volume of the muck very quickly (16 weeks to fully compost).

I used 6ft (bigger than standard) pallets to build my composting bays, each bay has taken about 3 months to fill (just used from poo picking the area around the hay nets but it's probably 80% of what my 3 produced), the first one is now ready to be used for my veggies :) but I have to dig it out and into raised beds first.
Another containment I'm using is towers made of wire fencing within the field, they are hot composts and should mature quickly, then I just have to unwind the fencing from it and harrow the compost back into the field. I love the fact that I don't have to transport this in any way as that's the hardest part with no machinery. I plan to have several of these going as they should reduce the volume of the muck very quickly (16 weeks to fully compost).
Got nothing done today as since 0845 been trying to get NHS 111 to deal with my mum, last call 10 minutes ago a doctor with her in next 4 hours, I was up there yesterday and been waiting all bloody day to know if i have to dash up again today.

Oh no, I hope she's OK
Still not heard anything, either from her carers who are going in or if the doctor has gone yet or if they are going to admit her to hospital please not. if necessary we will go up tomorrow and bring her here which would be much simpler.

• Sad
Reactions: Jessey
Still not heard anything, either from her carers who are going in or if the doctor has gone yet or if they are going to admit her to hospital please not. if necessary we will go up tomorrow and bring her here which would be much simpler.
the four hours they quoted for the doctor at 1530 is now 5 1/2 hours so she has gone to bed, bloody awful service, given we rang more than 12 hours ago

newrider.com