One small hoofprint for rider kind/One giant leap for us & Megan (some pics)

Imp

Megan's mummy :-D
Sep 6, 2005
A short progress report with some pics - not good quality I'm afraid because it's on my Siemans Poppy phone with a really naff camera :rolleyes:

Megan has been ridden by a 16 year old girl at the yard (I'll call her 'R'), very experienced and has had Meg listening and moving around to shake some of her weight off.

Megan is really enjoying her Bestfriend Bareback Pad and Dually Headcollar and R has popped her over a trotting pole - what a joy to behold, Megs, feathers flying, popping over as if she's been doing it all her life. R also had a little go at sidesaddle (bareback of course :cool: ) and Megs did what she was asked too without batting an eyelid!

The next day Enya rode her bareback in the Dually too, I remembered my phone camera and did some shots. She stayed in walk/halt transitions as she's never ridden bareback before but what a lovely half hour it was for them both. Megan listened and did as she was asked and En could concentrate on her seat and corrected her own position as she could feel what both she and Megs were doing right and wrong together. Ahhh, a bonding moment.

Did I say this was short... sorry :eek:

L.O Mum, aren't we the wrong way round?
060914_183003.jpg

Setting off:
061003_104704.jpg

Settled down:
061003_105803.jpg

Big hugs for a big girl (Megs)
061003_110211.jpg

En had a TOTALLY horsey vibe after that :p

Among all the cack I'm contending with at the moment, seeing her enjoy her horsey friend instead of having a fearful ride makes me happy - it's the little things in life sometimes isn't it :D

Ohh - a wibbly emotional moment there - in a positive non head injury sort of way.

She is gonna do you proud that girlie of yours, Imp.

Thanks for the photos - they are gorgeous!

Mud glorious mud!

xx

Dee

Novicenic said: Loving the update. Meg's is coming on really well. The 16yo Aunty seems to be doing a good job. Does this mean that Enya may be able to progress on Megs??? Thus not needing to find a ride for Enya...

I don't think Enya will be able to progress quickly with Megan as she's still a work in progress and Enya still has lots to learn herself. My IH RA rides her on a weekly basis and 'R' has offered to ride her whenever she's around... she's the sort of girl who would ride two horses at the same time given the chance HORSE MAD she is :p

I just loved seeing Megan enjoy schooling and Enya enjoy riding her in the school; even though they were a couple of muddy-mares by the end of the session :D

Last edited:
newrider.com