One of those days! ....and a random question

bitsnpieces

Aug 22, 2007
I can never usually fault either of my girlies, they are both usually little superstars - characters most definately but they are good girls. Yesterday however was some sort of nightmare!

Took Puz out for her first hack in about a week or so (did take her out in hand tho a few days ago) usually this wouldn't be a problem but yesterday she thought the world was out to get her! She was so spooky she was like a nervous wreck! I couldn't get her to settle at all and she pulled the whole way home.....funnily enough she was quite happy when she was back in her stable, rugged and eating hay ;)

Then came the real trauma, brought Inca in from the field thinking that she'd like some cuddles and a groom.....apparently not! I usually do her mane and tail with a hairbrush but used a metal comb this time and OMG did she kick up a fuss. Quite literally she would not let me near her with it even though I was being really delicate, I know metal combs can be quite harsh but she is never normally bothered with a vigourous mane brush.

Has anyone elses youngsters reacted like this to mane combs? (Forgot to mention Inca is a regularly handled 2.5yr old Welsh D X Trad)

newrider.com