One Lame horse, then 6 days away and I return to a looney fella

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
Last Saturday I got down to the yard to bring in and ride and he was lame on his front leg no heat or swelling but very lame so I popped him back in his field. On the Sunday I watched him in his field and as he cantered up to the new grass I again could see he was still lame, quick check over that night when I brought him in and again no heat or swelling.

Checked him over in the morning again no signs so left in his field OH and I always go away to visit family for 6 days over christmas 3 in Plymouth then up to kent for 3 more. Came back last night brought the fella in no heat or swelling so looked good. My mate who had been looking after him for me said that he was getting more or a handful as the week went.

Go to the yard today turned out for a couple of hours while I mucked out and cleaned the dead hay out the field etc, brought him in he him a bit of a handful. groomed and tack up Get on warm up and pop in to trot he is amazing, so forward springy and floaty paces he felt amazing and best of all not lame. he was getting more and more lively when I said to my mate I might have to get off and free school as he is getting wound up just walking and trotting to which he leapt in the air.:giggle:

I got off untacked and left him loose he went mad rearing, rolling bucks, kicking and galloping around. I think he needed it. Went out like a lamb after that.

I have always know he gets a handful when not ridden but I thought with him being lame for a couple of days he might not be as bad.....How wrong was I.

best bit through was how awesome he looked, soft and forward we had a beautiful trot to halt, rein back straight to trot amazing:biggrin: I really wanted to keep riding but had to tell myself that he has been off for a week and overwork will make him stiff tomorrow.

So really pointless but I have been away and missed him and NR:wavespin:

You've got to love it when they have days like those! I love it when mine go a bit loony, they always look so happy with themselves afterwards

BitnPieces - I know what you mean it was lovely to watch, so glad I was not on him when he let rip:giggle:. I know he hates it when he is not brought in and worked everyday, as he often tries to barge out of his field if he thinks he is being left. It is one of the many reasons why we are well suited it would drive most people insane having to ride everyday but I love it and when he goes well he is so amazing (maybe not to everyones standard but for us its fanastic):bounce:

newrider.com