One happy old lady. Good day at the yard.

Libbyo

Mar 5, 2006
West Sussex
What a strange day.

I goto the yard about normal time planning to ride Cilla my TB/X first then Pinnochio second.

I was planning to borrow a 3 ring gag for Cilla so I decided to swap and ride Pinnochio first.

He was a real toasd in the stable and tacking him up, I think he has forgotten his manners in the last two weeks, but we gotr there.

He spooked on the way to the school when a lory backfired sudenly, but I thought, hey whatever!

We got mounted and walked a bit. Into trot and wosh, drop a sholder get her off he thought. BUT I went forward but diddent fall. Ha, taped him with the whip and went forward. He was so shocked, Im usually such a wooss. He rode really badly all the session, spooking and being silly, but I just kept him going. Dont know who was more shocked him or me!

put him back in his stable, had lunch and then Cilla.

She can be strong and as she hadnt been riden too much whilst I was away I lunged her to get her calm.

Got on her and rode her. She was so good. ( I must add that the three ring gag had not materialised so we were still in a loose ring snaffle)

She rode so so well I decided to canter her. Off we went, it was so easy, I got tiume to think about my sittiong position and every thing. Thats the first time I have ever cantered her more than two paces, since I had her. It was just so cool.

On the third canter, we just kept going, cause I could not piull her up. Not faster or any thing, but just kept going. She did understand eventually! I loved it.

Every one is so pleased for me, and I am well happy. Im getting that bit tomorrow mind!

Now a friend is hacking out Cilla for me this week and I am going out at the weekend on her. My first ever with her and since Poinnochio got silly on the roads and scared me big time.

I am just one happy old lady now!

Libbyo :)

newrider.com