On top of the world!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Well, just HAD to share. I felt this morning that Storm and me could have done anything:D Went into our new school and it was fab. The sun was shining and I just felt so like I'd got my mojo back! Yesterday was awful (spent my entire day off fencing cows / bullocks out!:eek:) and the weather was poo too - so this morning was such a change. Just had to share, feeling really positive about winter again now - I just know we're both going to stay fit!:):D Anybody else kind of looking forward to the winter?

Fab post Trewsers :D

I like winter...I like wrapping up in my hundreds of layers (I do stable work and riding wearing proper ski pants :D) and being toasty but having that chilly freshness to the morning! Horse doesn't really care provided he's warm enough, and yea it can just be quite a good feeling :)

The only thing I don't like, is the darkness....that really gets frustrating!

Yeah, the darkness gets me down too! But, I really am looking forward to getting more out of the winter this year, its all going (touches wood) really well with Joe's leg (he had a badly damaged suspensory ligament last year) and I really feel its all coming right now!

I'm looking forward to winter - the foalies get weaned soon so will have them to play with but it also means I'll be able to bring my big girl back into work - can't wait to get back in the saddle!

Sounds like you've had a fab day.

winter doesn't bother me as such as long as you're wrapped up warm and you've got a good routine, but I do hate WIND - drives me mad when it blows everything around and whips stuff out your hands, doors slam! The last few days have been nice, fresh but sunny!

I'm looking forward to the end of this month when I should be able to start riding regularly again and getting Joy and I both fit. Can't wait :D

Yes, I hate the wind too! Today is the first day at our place that its not been a case of silly billy bringing in and turning out - they both get giddy when they get the wind up their proverbials! Bring on my steel toe caps.........

I am too trewsers, cant wait, I am just my confidence back on my new pony and feeling like this winter is going to be great and we WILL both stay fit and get out and do stuff:D

I am too trewsers, cant wait, I am just my confidence back on my new pony and feeling like this winter is going to be great and we WILL both stay fit and get out and do stuff:D

There will be no stopping us now! Honestly, this confidence thing - it doesn't half come and go!:D

i don't like winter for riding as i've no school :( but now i've a hacking partner i'm looking forward to winter hacks! glad to hear you had a nice morning! very envious!

I'm looking forward to winter this year - this will be the first winter in two years with stables and a sand school!! Am sad that the boys no longer live at home but am hoping these two things will make up for that!

I love cold winter days when the sky is blue and the suns out:)

i'm looking forward to it this year, i'm moving my two to where i work so i'll be able to see them in daylight :eek:

Plus i'll have a school so i can get the weight off her ladyship

It certainly was a 'glad to be alive' day today.
Having a school has made such a difference for me, it's a dream come true. No more worrying about baked ground or mudbaths. We can ride anytime we like!

I spent 10yrs riding on grass - riding when the ground is just right was fine, but then mid summer far too hard so had to take it slow then mid winter too muddy so you only end up with a few weeks that you get some proper riding done - when we moved we had space to put a school in and I made it clear I will only move if a school gets built! so we now have a school now and its wonderful - no matter the weather!

Apparently.

Apparently it is entirely plausible that I may pass my driving test before christmas :eek:

And sooo, when I pass my test, I will officially be able to restart lessons and whip myself into shape :D Happy days1

Im gonna try and get as much riding in as possible when i get on the bus to work at 7.45 i am frozen :(x

I am as my little girl is getting older and easier (slightly!!) to look after so she can be looked after by her Dad whilst I can go on a ride and make the most of the time I have off work :D Before returning (boo .. hiss :( )

newrider.com