On the move again...

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
As mentioned in a previous post, Gracie and I are on the move again next Tuesday. We're moving to a yard which is less than 5 miles away from home and will give me the part-livery help I now need. It's a nice place, I've known about it for years but it's also expensive and because I've always had multiple horses on a part-time wage, it was never really considered. But now I'm earning more and only have one horse so I can absorb the extra costs.

At the moment I'm driving 12 miles one way to see G, which takes 22-25 mins. New place takes 7 mins to get to, so I really feel that she'll be "just down the road". Good hacking and a lovely big floodlit school with mirrors, so I'll be able to crack on with the schooling again.

I feel a bit bad moving G again in such a short space of time, but needs must and externally she always seems to take things in her stride.

I'll report back in due course.

Hopefully this will be the latest time and you can get some riding in. Spending time commuting to a yard is such a waste. I choice my yard as it was so close there are things I dislike as most yards but the time and fuel saving make up for the extra cost and time

Reactions: domane
Oh blimey I didnt realise you were driving 12 miles to get to the yard. If I think about driving 12 miles from where I live that would just be insane. I couldnt do it. I guess I was lucky for so many years being on a yard only 2 miles away and on a no traffic holdup route.
I must say I've noticed quite a fuel saving since having the boys at home. Most weekends I dont even drive my car now. So I guess if your saving fuel and wear and tear on the car you can afford to offset the extra costs. You will also have more time.

She will be fine, the moves are upheaval but you will be able to spend more quality time with her so that will make up for it :)

I used to drive 15 miles a few times a day to get to ours and it was too far! It was really wearying at times. Hope the new place and move go well.

newrider.com