Omg its windy!!

sjp1

Sep 14, 2009
And thats in town!! Hope stables will still be upright on arrival at the yard and same for everyone else.

I'm only just upright after seeing to the girls, we are next to the airport so not much natural shelter at all, even the fence posts are blowing over :cold:

It's hellishly windy here too, but I still couldn't resist trying Joy in her new saddle. She was...erm...forwards (but not sideways which is a bonus) and we had a lovely little hack.

Tis brewing up a hooley here too - had the most wonderful peaceful morning and then around lunch time it went pear shaped weather wise. Very warm though, unless I am just getting used to the cold weather - it seems tropical from what it was!

JC - you were brave! I jibbed out of riding Storm due to the wind!!!

AWFUL HERE!! the young TB's and larger horses in the fields are going mental ! snorting.. jumpy... I decided to do my field checks today from behind the fence line ! and thank'd the lord none of them needed to come in!

The mini's are acting like nothings different!

Its very very bizarley mild though, I dont even need a coat!

I HATE HATE HATE it when it is windy. My least liked type of weather. Dislike high winds even more than I dislike thunder and lightning.....

Blooming windy here too! Got out on a hack around the fields with a friend though, when off the yard and nearer the village the wind cut right down, our yard is on a hill so always feels worse! Moët was a super star and looked after her mummy, even had a couple of canters (which I thought I wouldn't be doing now I'm 7 months gone!) she's so great and safe tho, I do love her!

It seems to come windy every evening atm where we are! I have looked on the 5 day forecast and we are due wind gusts of up to 50mph every night now until lord only knows when.............looks like I'll have to pretend I'm on a ship again (tis the only way I can get to sleeplol)

The wind is also dreadful at my yard. Ben is fine to ride in the wind (apart from turning his head sideways!) but it is the flying debris that puts me off. Anything that isn't tied down just flies around.

Its not too bad here, unless I was in a different zone? My friend round the road had all her electric blown and my husband was complaining when he took the dog out.

I went to the stables and mucked out and moved the horses to a small paddock and put Cherie in her stable. She did not want to stay in there and was being a right little madam:frown:, I hope she wasn't doing a NF's Tilly and predicting the roof blowing off? I better go up and check later.

Blowing a gale here sounds wild out there. Think ill light the fire and snuggle down :)

Sounds favourites!!! What a good idea.............
I have yet to go battle the wind again when I give night nets, nose kisses and have a last check around - and give them both a little treat each of course! I don't mind though, in a weird way, the temperature has come up so I am not shivering like I was the other week and can cope better.

Well hopefully our roof won't blow off. Got to the yard - Tobes on a duvet day because it rained a lot, we have NO grass, but a LOT of mud, and he is not keen particularly on going out - bad Mum pandering to him - but in my defence his mates didn't go out first thing and he would have had SEVEN fits if I had put him out alone.

Mucked out whilst he was noshing dinner, and then popped his two haynets in and left his stable door wide open whilst ferrying straw and water - no movement in the door direction at all!!!

I think my horse may have been swapped with an alien one. The Tobes I bought couldn't bear to be in hardly at all, tried to barge out at every opportunity, and was generally a pain in the derriere to try to muck out around.

The horse tonight was actually a very nice and charming horse, who had a soft look in his eye and actually gave kisses!!!

So windy on the drive home the rain wasn't even horizontal, it was kind of blowing up higher than that.

Its very windy here too, it was fine this morning though, i went out at 7am to check horses and hay up, they were still all laid out asleep in the field but soon trotted over for hay. I then went to Hereford shooting today and the wind built and built, driving home was terrible on the motorway being thrown around in the wind... its here for a few more days it seems:frown:

Yes another good gale today. Being on the cliffs adds another few miles to the wind I expect.

Last night was very gusty. I nearly fell out of bed! Hehehehehehee. I was quite the bewilderbeast until I realised where I was and what was going on (caravan again). Lol. This morning is noisy too - the wind is blowing through Rumplestiltskins trees opposite the school and making the loudest of noises. Most odd and a bit scary. The girls are unfazed, both have had a hooly and a roll and a general giddy kippering half hour and have now settled down.

It was very windy here yesterday and last night, was picking my way round various bits of debris in the yard and on the roads this morning!

newrider.com