OMG i think i'm moving yards!!

sjames86

Nov 25, 2009
Birmingham
When i woke up this morning i had no intention of moving yards for the foreseeable future but i sit here now super excited (and absolutely freaked out) as i am going to move yards!!

When i got to my yard this afternoon my very good friend up there raced up to me and said her daughter was spending the day at another yard with her friend (who owns a horse there) and that the yard was really nice.
She asked it i would go with her to pick up her daughter so i could see the yard.

I havent been feeling happy at my present yard this last week but never considered moving as i sometimes have trouble adapting to change.
HOWEVER

I loved the new yard - there was so much more going on and opportunities to bring Chico on that arent available when i am.

They have acres and acres of hacking on their land and i will never need to hack on a road again ever, lol!!

They have offered me three stables in one of the american barns - a stable each for Chico and Ruby and a stable for all our stuff.
I have spoken with Rubys loaners and they are just as excited as me and i am taking them to see it tomorrow.

I am really excited but also really nervous - i do think it is the right thing to do but my god i'm going to lose some sleep over it!

xxx :bounce:

Good luck with the move, i hope you will be happy there! That fact that you made the decision to move so quickly must have meant you weren't happy at your current yard :smile:

Oh yay!

That sounds like it'll be a great move for you, try not to lose too much sleep over it, if it's for the best then it'll work out just fab

just getting a bit lonely at current yard.
Few people moved off recently and only really one livery left i really have alot to do with and she wont hack out with Chico as she thinks he will make her mare unsettled on the road (even though he is fine- she is a real worrier!)

Unhappy with the herd Chico is in too. The mare in the field uses his rug tail flap to windsuck on and has already ripped one :devil: and the other gelding is a super highly strung Gribaldi son who mobs us everytime i try to get Chico out the field.

I think the move will open more doors for me to start some serious competition with him next year. Really looking forward to it.

newrider.com