OMG I Cant Believe The Happend

mcgregors-girl

Clarabell
Aug 25, 2006
East Lothian
Well long story short today My horse decided to take off at full gallop and refused to stop!! he was heading straigh for a fence which he would have run through and seriously hurt himself! some how i managed to turn him and make him stop mut the thing is he slipped went down on his knees and rolled and i fell off. when he got back up he walked over me and stood on my ribs which are now broken. He also hurt his back leg and has to get 3 days box rest!
I cant believe this has happend he has never done that before! Anyway lots of pepole at my stables are saying that there horses are hyper at the moment. Could ths be due in change of the weather? Anyone else getting problems like these??

Wow that sounds awful painful.

Our horses seem to be a little bit hyper too this time of year, with the weather changes. Here in Canada it will feel like spring one day, and winter the next. It was up in the twenties, then went below zero.

It seems to be causing our horses to be more hyper as well.

I hope you feel better soon:(

I managed to break my rib a while back when coughing and that hurt like hell, can't imagine what you felt when your horse "stood on your ribs".. :eek:

Haven't heard of any mass behaviour changes, only the every now and again "spooked by the wind" incident. Hope you and your horse will feel better soon!

Nina x

Last edited:
Hope you get better soon - my horses are full of spirits too so its not just yours! Ive been stood on before so i can agree that its very painful and do sympathise. Go play it up to your family, tell them choc will make you feel better! ;) :p

Could ths be due in change of the weather? Anyone else getting problems like these??

At my old riding school, the horses were really laid back in spring/summer out hacking, barely even making it into a canter :rolleyes: but as soon as autumn/winter kicked in WHOOMPH!!! Bucking, taking off, napping and dancing around all over the place! :D
I think that was probably because they weren't ridden/turned out as much due to rain, wind, fog, snow etc - they only really hacked out in winter if the schools were flooding with rain!
But I know that wind doesn't go well with them - it changes all the normal scents etc so that causes them to spook, be naughty etc
Hope you and your horse feel better soon!!! :)

newrider.com