Oh Crap - Rug Rub

Flipo's Mum

Heavy owner of a Heavy
Aug 17, 2009
Perthshire, Scotland
Ok, I've been left in charge of mate's horse for a long weekend and I'm panicking as his new rug has rubbed his shoulder quite badly. It's my fault as I left him overnight not realising a tiny bit at the front had folded itself back in on itself. I sorted it yesterday morning but look at this -
a6f0ee5b.jpg

Yeah it would be fine as not hurting him but she's got a show next Saturday - that's not gonna heal by then is it - can I do anything to help it along?
Am going to have to admit to it but so annoyed at myself.

Last edited:
I will be buying some then, thanks Clare. Yeah, I've changed his rug today, put on the black under vest thingy. He's only had this new rug a week or so and I commented that it folded in at the front a bit before mate left. She said 'oh yeah it did that once and then I realised there was a bit of velcro not done up properly which stopped it from happening'. She said you don't need his vest underneath because it doesn't rub. Can't believe I can't even put a rug on properly. :cry: I'm such a perfectionist, I have been checking on him four times a day in all this horrible weather, I would hate for something to happen while she's away.
I know in the scheme of things its cosmetic but :stomp:.

A tip I was once given by a showing diva - get some HC45 cream from boots - its the hydrocortisone cream for eczema. Its behind the counter, you have to say its for your partner/child who has eczema, and yes they have used it before. It does help to speed up hair re-growth, but not sure if it would work in a week! might get some fuzz back by then.

newrider.com