Offering Help in return for a bit of tuition

johannapage

newbie!
Nov 11, 2007
As i mentioned in my intro i'm trying to get back into riding properly again and being more involved in the 'horsey' world.

Only problem is last time I rode was YEARS ago and I would be very very rusty!! As im still doing my nurses training I am really strapped for cash and just cant afford to have proper lessons at the stables near me.

What is the general thought for private owners etc giving lessons or tuition at a bit of a reduced price if help is offered around the yard?

Hope thjis makes sense!!

Jo
x

I think private owners might have a bit of trouble if they started actually charging you for riding, or for giving you actual lessons. There is all sorts of problems with safety, duty of care and such.

You could put up an advert stating what you were prepared to do and see if there's anyone who could offer you a bit of riding in return for some help with their horse. People are usually very careful about who they let on their horses though, and if you haven't ridden for a long while, it would have to be someone with a real novice horse.

Dont know if youve had a chance to look around the board yet but check out the New features section, theres a tread on mentoring. Dont know your area but you may match up with someone there. Just a though.

Thank you!

I completly understand that id need a bomb proof horse to start off with - i'll go have a look at the section!

Thanks again

Jo
x

Thanks again Magicalmac,

just posted a reply on that topic and pm'd someone.....

hehe - all excited now!!

Jo
x

newrider.com