Numpty Shadow and the sheep fencing...

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
He got his foot stuck this morning.. then apparently waited for some one to rescue him... some one noticed that he'd been stood in the same spot by the fence for over half an hour (that they know of) and went to tell Yo, they then freed the patient Cob, who stood quietly, whilst the freed his trapped foot..
How an earth doe a horse with large feet get stuck in a small hole? Any way he's fine, and the field owner is being told tonight that the sheep fencing wants looking at, as it isn't very taunt around that section..

My mare did the same thing however she kicked & kicked to get free & took most of the skin off her back leg... luckly the very non horsey neighbour saw what had happened and went up and cut her free then phoned the me & the vet! thank goodness the injury wasnt much worse... 2 months later & still healing but could have been horrific if no one had been around!

It really is dangerous stuff around horses but at the moment i have 5 acres totally bound in the stuff & im only renting field until we get our own place built so not really an option financially for me to replace it!

I think he knows that if he waits long enough, some one will notice..
A few years ago, he stood over a mare stuck in a stream with barbed wire wrapped round her hind legs, wouldn't leave her until someone (which happened to be me) came and untangled her..
He then proceeded to leg it around field, announcing that he'd got help:giggle:

Years ago I had a little chestnut racehorse come to stay for a few months. She would walk along the line of sheep fencing and pop her hoof through :banghead: Sometimes she could get it back out again and sometimes not. Why, I don't know, but it entertained her hugely.

newrider.com