NR vibes needed

wondergirl

Aug 30, 2006
Cleveland, UK
www.myspace.com
My girl has gone lame. She had a slightly swollen knee joint this morning and had a bit of heat in her leg.

She was fine yesterday and we had a lovely steady hack out. She was fine in the field and when I brought her in last night. But I noticed she was lame when I went to put her out in the field this morning.

Ive got the vet coming out tonight. I hope it's nothing serious. Im a real worrier, and Ive already had tears at work! :eek: The girl at the end of my block works for a vet and she didnt seem overly worried. She said I could get a vet out or leave it to see how Molly is over a few days, but me being me, wanted to get the vet out.

Happy NR vibes needed please. Also any ideas what she may have done? :confused:

Oh don't worry too much. It sounds like she might just have minorly strained her leg- nothing at all serious. I'm sure she'll be fine so try not to get yourself worried too much about it.:)

Sending loads of good vibes to Mol :) I hope it's nothing serious.

We've got the vet out tonight as well - his lordship has been on box rest and cold hosing all weekend for lameness in his hind leg, and it's still no better, so the vet has been summoned for this afternoon.

Thank you everyone.

I am a worrier though. She looked really pathetic this morning walking out of her stable.
The girl who is a vet nurse had a look at it and said her left knee was slightly swollen, and there was a slight bit of heat coming from it, but she didnt seem too concerned - she said I could call a vet or leave it for a few days to see how it goes. I hope Im worrying over nothing. Its the first time I've had the vet out other than for routine jabs.

I just dont know what she has done because like I said in my OP, she was fine last night when I brought her in from the field :( Ugh! I hate being stuck at work knowing she's not comfortable. Roll on 3:15pm!

How did Molly get on with the vet? Hope everything's OK & she just needs to rest up for a couple of days.
I know how horrid it is when any of our beloved animals aren't quite right.
xx

Well the vet came out tonight. At first he thought she has a pulled tendon, but after some pokng and prodding and a bit of leg shaving, the vet came to the conclusion that she had picked up an infection - possibly from an old scab that had been knocked off.

He gave her a dose of anti-biotics and some anti-inflamatory, and said that should take away the discomfort and swelling. He's coming back out tomorrow to repeat the dose and to check on her, and if things dont seem to be improving, he's going to do an ultra-sound examination on Wed to see where the infection came from. To be honest the vet was baffled as to where the infection came from, but said not to be worried.

So for now I have to rest her, and bathe her leg with hibiscrub twice a day. One thing's for sure, she certainly hasn't lost her apetite! After her sedative had worn off, she wolfed down her tea!

I'll keep you posted after the vet has been tomorrow.

Sez What was wrong with Sal?

The vet came out last night and he was really surprised at how well she was compared to when he saw her on Monday.

She had obviously hated being in - by the state of her bed you'd think Id not mucked her out for a week!! I actually only gave her a full muck out in the morning. Poor Molly. She hates being the only one in. She whinnies her head off!

Anyway, I walked her out for the vet and she practically barged me out of the way! She is walking 100% better on her leg. Her knee is still a bit swollen but not as much as it was on Monday. She had some more anti-biotics and anti inflamatory and the vet is coming back out tonight to check on her progress and do a scan on her leg to see where the infection came from.

Im going to ask about turn out if her leg is ok to walk on, because being inside on her own isnt doing her any good. A friend lent me her decohedron (typo) today so I chopped up some appled and carrots and put them in. I left her happily working out what the hell it was this morning!

newrider.com