not sure what to do

Dannii5691

Owned by Ponies!
Nov 16, 2009
About juney pops. I feel we havent got much of a bond any more. Today it took over an hour to catch her to worm, delouse and remuzzle her which resulted in chasing her into a pen and 2 of us pinning her to a fence. Shes so difficult to do anything with. Dramatic is the word.

I have ABSOLUTELY NO intention of selling her. Her attitude and list of health problems mean she would be passed about and I couldnt risk that. I couldnt loan her out unless it was to stay with me as the last one I went was stolen on loan (amyone remember my little welsh a gelding jazz?) But in reality shes a 2nd pony not a first and how many people want a 11.2 second pony?

Im hoping once moving back to a yard and getting her back into a routine where I can keep her working and rebreak to drive.

Just wanted a general winge about my asbo feral wench of a mare

we all have days like that, I spent 2 hours easter Monday evening trying to catch three criminal comtois who had broken into my being saved field....

Last night when I called up she was the first to the fence simply because her muzzle was still on and she will have wanted feeding. I feel she will improve once in a routine but still at a bit of a loss with her right here and now. Roll on moving day in a few weeks

June is so pretty looking - hard to believe she is such a handful:yellowcarded:!
I have no wisdom other than that maybe once you get into a better situation on your new yard she will hopefully be a bit more owner-friendly:smile:

HAving similar issues with Angel at the moment. She does not wish to be brought in and gets stroppy when I persist (even showing teeth, although she has never bitten me and I very much doubt she would dare), trotting off the other way, pinning her ears back ... I've had her for 10 years, she is now pretty much retired. As long as she is happy in herself, I wouldn't worry, people have off days and mood changes, too.

I'm going for the same tac as not poodle - of they are happy then I'm not fussed - that said mine are coming to call now :) leaving the field though? Nah another matter!!!!!

You will know if you put her out on loan if its the right person. When I put one of my TB's out on loan, he told me who the right one was. And they got on really, really well.

My appy likes the YO's daughter who is 12. He is positively evil to YO for bringing in, but he has very strong views on the people that he does like, and for bringing in for 12 year old, he is angelic. Most surprising as if he senses weakness in anyone he takes full advantage, but not her!!

Im hoping she will just Potter around doing her own thing happily and allow me to catch and check muzzle when req. Though not catching when we need farrier etc is a pain.

Were moving the weekend of the 6th of june and she has to stay in for a few days so hoping that will make her much less feral :')

Im hoping she will just Potter around doing her own thing happily and allow me to catch and check muzzle when req. Though not catching when we need farrier etc is a pain.

Were moving the weekend of the 6th of june and she has to stay in for a few days so hoping that will make her much less feral :')

I always bring Tobes in twice daily, winter or summer and give him a feed. I know this is very tricky with a portly pony, but Tobes is the easiest horse in the world to catch, because I catch him and bring him in whether it is for the farrier, to ride, or for nothing but a feed, and so I can turn him out for an hour after he has beens stabled all night, and then catch him to ride, because he has no idea what is on the agenda. This has proved very handy in the past, and whilst a bit of a chore sometimes, it is much much easier than having a horse that won't be caught at all. Could you do this - even if bringing her in and giving her a handful of chaff and turning her back out again immediately?

Bud's like that, he is willing to come in any time. I am having to work on the others as they can be harder to catch, and I agree that the thing is to mix it up a bit, like today I turned them out, knowing it was going to rain, with no rugs, so I had to catch them bring them in and rug them, then turn them out again. It took me 60 minutes to do three comtois - Suze 5 minutes catch time, Fleurette 15, Leo 40, which is a reduction for Leo, as he can be a 3 hours playing join up candidate.

They come in at night, but I am now going to go out and catch them and work them for five minutes and let them go, just to mix it up a bit.

newrider.com