Not such a bad birthday really

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Steve is away for two weeks teaching a yoga holiday in Italy, where it is 27 degrees and sunny. So I am running the cafe while he is gone.

Today - my birthday - we had a christening party for 50 people in the cafe so I was frantic all day.

However:

* the staff made me a lovely card - hand made, drawn by one of our lasses who is really talented and signed by them all:

* the customers and party guests were all lovely and complimentary today:

* while I was cashing up all the staff came upstairs with helium balloons, breathed them in and sang Happy Birthday to me in squeaky voices:

* my stepdaughter made me FANTASTIC pulled pork and a lemon and coconut cake for dinner: and

* best of all, I have tomorrow off and can play with my pony!

And Steve called me and sent me a wonderful bunch of flowers.

So altogether it could have been a lot worse :cloud9:

Happy birthday.

It sounds like you have wonderful people around you, and even better you get a whole day of pony play tomorrow. Have fun. x

Happy Birthday Jane. I am glad you had a lovely day. My Steve is always away on my Birthday as it clashes with Cheltenham Gold cup week:frown: so I am always on my own. But it sounds like you weren't and were made a fuss off still which is what Birthdays are all about.

Enjoy tomorrow

Happy Birthday! :dance:

Sounds like you had a rather nice day and I too would have loved to have heard a helium fuelled rendition of happy birthday, must have been hilarious.
Enjoy your day today. x

Happy Birthday Jane. I will remember next year as its my mum's birthday today. Hope you have a wonderful day today playing horses to make up for working yesterday xx

Happy Birthday for yesterday mrs! And can I just say that for your staff to be enthusiastic about wishing you a happy birthday, indicates to me, that they are a very happy workforce and you must be a good manager.

I have to say, 5 kids singing Happy Birthday in helium voices all out of synch and giggling was the funniest thing I have seen for years!

newrider.com