not seen any NR foal pics this year so

joosie

lifelong sufferer of restless brain syndrome
Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
this is Full Moon aka. Franky, born at 1am Tuesday morning. His mum's name translates as Chinese Shadow and we also have an Eclipse and a Daybreaker in the family, so sticking to the theme! Hope to get better photos tomorrow if the weather is good enough to turn them out - today was lashing rain and very windy so he got to have a PJ day! He mostly slept but has also learned how to bronc around the stable :D

DSC02930 (800x721).jpg DSC02937 (800x608).jpg DSC02941 (800x562).jpg DSC02942 (800x647).jpg DSC02943 (800x615).jpg

There will be no Shetland foals here, It's utter utter madness to even consider putting a stallion out in the current climate. Lots of the big famous studs have not put their stallions out for the past 3 years. But it leaves the folk who have no clue, putting the stallions out year after year churning out more and more dross that nobody wants.

That little fellow is a real stonker!

Reactions: Cortrasna and Gimp
But it leaves the folk who have no clue, putting the stallions out year after year churning out more and more dross that nobody wants.

That little fellow is a real stonker!

bloody hoarders are everywhere sadly :(

Oh he's lovely, how nice to hear a happy foal story. My friend Carol has been working at a small racing TB stud: they were expecting 3 foals this year. 1 died shortly after birth and one was stillborn, a very sad year for them. More pics please!

Oh he's lovely, how nice to hear a happy foal story. My friend Carol has been working at a small racing TB stud: they were expecting 3 foals this year. 1 died shortly after birth and one was stillborn, a very sad year for them. More pics please!
Oh that's awful, to have bother with one in a season is heartbreaking, but to have more than one is terrible

beautiful foal. My friend had a donkey foal last year. She's adorable but omg is she naughty. Such a bundle of mischief

One of our (now ex) liveries put her horse in foal last year, and the day they got back from the vets having had the pregnancy confirmed she excitedly announced to us that she now officially owned two horses! My boss gently mentioned that she shouldn't assume she had two horses until the foal was safely on the ground... She didn't understand, the thought that something could go wrong hadn't even crossed her mind :rolleyes:

Reactions: MrA
Weather was hideous again yesterday but this morning was lovely so they spent it in the round pen enjoying the sunshine. He did a lot of cantering and bucking (a 2-day-old foal's version of it anyway!), splashed in a puddle, tripped over some trotting poles, and discovered that lowering his head to put it under the fence does not mean that the rest of him will be able to follow :p I'm afraid I was a bit of a failure as I was too immersed in watching him to think about taking photos :rolleyes: but I did take a few once I'd finished my chores, by which time the entertainment was over as he just wanted to do this...

DSC02950 (704x800).jpg DSC02951 (800x574).jpg DSC02949 (800x714).jpg DSC02954 (800x776).jpg DSC02955 (800x754).jpg DSC02956 (800x777).jpg DSC02957 (800x688).jpg

He has discovered the joys of zooming, bucking, rearing, climbing on mum's head and generally being a hyperactive pain in the bum :p He went a little too fast on slippery ground the other day and wiped out at high speed - oops! And at the weekend he went way too fast in a new paddock, crashed into the fence, scrambled over and ended up in next door's garden on the wrong side of the electric wire they use to keep their dog in. Neighbours weren't home, it was quite interesting me and my boss trying to rugby tackle a 10-day-old foal on someone's pristine lawn and lift him over a 2ft electric fence... I don't think he'll be doing that again in a hurry!

newrider.com