Not really a bad day - but I did grumble

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Yesterday I woke to the garden having being broken an entered again by a a certain ginger giant!!! At first I thought he was in the field (which is good, I like him out mostly at night) but no, a flash of orange caught my eye in the kitchen window behind the oil tank:oops:huge hoof prints in the once nice lawn:confused:
So after persuading him out of there - (there was a moment when he weighed up making a bid for freedom in the opposite direction, I could see it in his eyes) he came quietly! But then I realised he had broken some more fencing further around past the back of the house. Hmm. Then Chloe god love her, decided to rub her legs on the full barrow when my back was turned. So all my sweepings and poop were all over the yard and she just moved on nonchalently as if nothing had happend!! So more sweeping (anyone else think they are on a sweeping treadmill?!). Then the wind was up most of the day and all I seemed to do was go out there feeding - plus walking Storm in hand and getting battered about the ears for my trouble with the wind:cool:anyway just when Mr T realised I could do with help I heard laughter coming from the garage. Yep, Zi had opened the side door and got in again. I was to weary to care:p
How can three horses keep me so busy?!!! I managed to dye my hair and hoover the house as well - but I did feel I had earend my Fosters last night:p:D
Anyone else have an expert at breaking and entering?! Zi seems to be a master at it. Wish I had taken his pic, he looksd so pleased with himself!

Sounds like a frustrating day! Ale is like a naughty child if he gets anywhere he shouldn't be, he will refuse to be caught, gallop around excitedly squealing and bucking and generally find it a great game. Sometimes you can bribe him back with food but other times I have to follow him round for 45 minutes before he gives in and relents. He is also an expert at tipping wheelbarrows and then looking innocently at me 'it just fell over all of its own accord' At the time always frustrating but I laugh about it later!

Reactions: Trewsers
Sounds like a frustrating day! Ale is like a naughty child if he gets anywhere he shouldn't be, he will refuse to be caught, gallop around excitedly squealing and bucking and generally find it a great game. Sometimes you can bribe him back with food but other times I have to follow him round for 45 minutes before he gives in and relents. He is also an expert at tipping wheelbarrows and then looking innocently at me 'it just fell over all of its own accord' At the time always frustrating but I laugh about it later!

Yeah I can laugh now! Chloe loves rubbing on new things - her legs are always looking for scratches! But I was so cross at the time because of all the stuff in the barrow that took so long to gather:rolleyes::oops:
Hahahaa can't believe ale is like that!:phe looks so good:D

:D blooming horses, who'd have them! The little boys will go anywhere they aren't meant to given 5 seconds to do it, everything has to be shut/locked/put away even if just nipping out of sight. It's like they know, they can be half way down the field paying no attention but if I walk away and leave the shed door open suddenly they have appeared like ninjas and gone to investigate :p

:D blooming horses, who'd have them! The little boys will go anywhere they aren't meant to given 5 seconds to do it, everything has to be shut/locked/put away even if just nipping out of sight. It's like they know, they can be half way down the field paying no attention but if I walk away and leave the shed door open suddenly they have appeared like ninjas and gone to investigate :p

Yes! This is Zi!!! He just has a "scent" on open doors!!!!! He is clever though and seems to worm his way into stuff. I find mares to interested in food or boys! They don't seem quite so curious somehow,

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com