nose bleeds now leg has swelled advise needed

dallandra

Oct 22, 2007
hi everyone,i have had my 16yr old mare for 3 months but i am concerned because she has suffered a nose bleed from one nostril a few weeks ago,granted she had had a small canter that day & it was only a little trickle so i didn't worry too much.Then i had a call sat night & she had suffered a bigger bleed from the same nostril............again she had had a small canter at dinnertime that day,the thing is she has cantered on many other occasions & hasn't bled & she's very fit for her age & is deff not overworked.maybe im worrying too much but just incase i've booked the vet to see her on fri.does anyone have any ideas as too what could cause this to happen?
also today her front leg has swolen especially around the knee,she isn't lame,she's not sore & it isn't hot but there are scabs around the knee, is it possible that this is mud rash? all her other legs are perfect,i would have thought if it was mud rash it would have started lower? can anyone advise me regarding the bleed's or the swolen knee i and bron will be ex gratefull.kind regards

nose bleeds now legs swelled update

update..vet has been today,given her antibiotic & anti inflam jabs,her back legs are swolen & her glands are way too large,vet's unsure as to what the cause is & has given bute & antibiotics will review on fri.if she's still the same they will be looking for tumors :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

newrider.com