NORTHERNERS - how much does yr farrier charge?

how much for a full set of shoes?

• £45

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • £50

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • £55

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • £60

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • £65

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • other - please post your reply

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters

andreaB

May 6, 2005
HALIFAX , WEST YORKS
question in the title , mine is just about to put his prices up , so wondering whats the going rate in the north these days?

price for a full set of shoes , removing , trimming & new shoes fitted ( please to keep it comparative use this as opposed to the price for refits or if you have stud holes etc)

if i haven't got your exact price please just choose the nearest

thankyou!

Ours cost about £200 for the 3 of them, but that does include pads for one. The only drawback is that we have to take them to him. The Farrier is brilliant though - shoes are hand made for them from metal bars rather than just preformed ones being put on. We won the best shod horse championship at Leicester County show last year :)

£50 including road nails and studs/stud holes if we want them.

hes brill though, cant fault him he does a good job, is on time and is nice to chat to (and look at!) ;)

Sorry i'm not a northener but I thought shoes would be slightly cheeper up north everything else is!! I pay £60 with studs, £55 full set without studs..

£68.00 for Elouise for a full set but she does have remedial work done.
£25.00 for a trim for Honey so I'm probably changing farriers for her!!

I can't fault my farrier though. He's always on time, returns my calls and is fantastic with my girls. I'll keep him for Elouise but I just cannot justify £25.00 for a trim on the pony!!!!

xxx

£65 including road studs and road nails for Tia - £20 more for allys for big shows.

£55 for Mr T.

Fab farrier - comes out straight away if we lose a shoe - he even came out on Bank Holiday Mon at 7am because we were showing.

Barefoot £15 every 7 weeks.

Just got Cavello front hoof boots for the road for the dropped soles so I can stay barefoot then a lot wears down naturally and farrier only rasps quite often as there is not much to cut.

newrider.com