No You Cant Load Into That

Where we used to keep ours we had to hack past a very posh house that had it's own landing pad - neither of ours much bothered about it after a while.

Wow, that is a posh house.
This is fuelling station, I thought the colours of it matched hers. :smile:

My OH flies and we had an airstrip next to our paddocks. The horses loved the helicopters landing, they would canter over to the fence to get a closer look!!

My daft Trakehner doesn't mind anything big or small thats noisy and potentially rather scary but is terrified of the good old fashioned bicycle :timebomb:

we have them regularly - the best one was when one landed in the field and a load of squadies jumped out shouting and waving guns around - they had dropped in the wrong spot - the horse stood bemused - it was me they scared the shit out of! we are on the flight path for the fighter jets on low level flying training so regulrly have them popping over the top of the hill - its the bang after they have pased that gets me even though I know its coming! in one way not a bad thing in the event of an invasion at least the horses won't be bothered - every cloud and all that.

ours are trained to wave at fighter planes, which come over so low you could almost shake hands, twin chinook helicopters that really really thump, and huge cargo planes that are so slow and lumbering that you think they will stall!

We get the air sea rescue go over a lot, the marine have a base on the flight path, I quite like the jets you get used to it if that's where you are.
I just tell her it was a bloody fast pheasant. :)

Very cool!!! Good ponio going over to have a look!!

We get the Sea Kings and Apaches coming over, the Apaches make a hell of a noise when they fly low....and you really hope that a pilot doesn't press the wrong button as they're armed to the teeth!

I fell off my horse on the yard and an air ambulance was sent for me, people were flipping out saying the helicoptor would freak the horses out.

Well the horses looked up seemed to think uh wots that and carried on eating with no interest,.. so much for freaking out :smug:

I've even ridden Victory in the menage on the Queen's Birthday.

Our house was under the flight path to London so we would get all the jets 3, 4, 5 in formation at a time flying over at a few hundred feet on their way for a flypast at Buckingham Palace.

They were really noisy flying that low.

I wouldn't have ridden intentionally but totally forgot they were going to fly over. Anyways I was having a lesson at the time and Victory didn't bat an eyelid. I was rather pleased to say the least.

We get loads of fast fly boys over our moors and dales too. Luckily any horses and ponies round here are used to it. They barely pay any attention.

Last year we had a hot air balloon try and land in the gelding field. RI rushed out to try and move them away and all the poor horses just took off in utter panic. They eventually lifted upwards and moved off again, by which time the poor Welsh D had crashed into the fence and blundered into the barbed wire behind it.

We reported it to the BHS incidents record, and his owner took it up with Virgin balloons. Despite numerous phone calls, photos, etc. they never offered anything in compensation, or towards vet checks.

He did this. Could have been a lot worse, but it did leave a scar and she bought him in show condition without any blemishes. I dread to think how they'll react if one ever comes over again, especially if we are out hacking on the moor.

Attachments

• Billycu.jpg
    Billycu.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 4
We get loads of fast fly boys over our moors and dales too. Luckily any horses and ponies round here are used to it. They barely pay any attention.

Last year we had a hot air balloon try and land in the gelding field. RI rushed out to try and move them away and all the poor horses just took off in utter panic. They eventually lifted upwards and moved off again, by which time the poor Welsh D had crashed into the fence and blundered into the barbed wire behind it.

We reported it to the BHS incidents record, and his owner took it up with Virgin balloons. Despite numerous phone calls, photos, etc. they never offered anything in compensation, or towards vet checks.

He did this. Could have been a lot worse, but it did leave a scar and she bought him in show condition without any blemishes. I dread to think how they'll react if one ever comes over again, especially if we are out hacking on the moor.

Thats rude of them not to compensate - I read a while ago the civil aviation authority cover things like hot air balloons too - unless I am getting mixed up. I would have been so upset - poor horse.

newrider.com