No longer porky Corky

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
About 3 months ago my vet told me that Corky needed to lose 2 kg. He was 19.8 kg and really getting porky. I got her to write it down, because I had been telling my OH for ages that Corky was getting fat and he was in denial.

So Corky went to doggy boot camp. Less food, fewer treats and extra walks.

I'm pleased to say that he has responded brilliantly. He was 17.5 kg at the vets the other day and is as slim and tough as he was as a pup 3 years ago. Steve is amazed at the difference in him. He thought that Corky was "just slowing down" - now it is apparent that he was just too heavy. Back at fighting weight he is zooming around like a fruit loop, and the other day he hopped without apparent effort over a 1m paling fence, VTOL, just up and over!

So he lost a bit more than 10% of his body weight. That's almost exactly what I need to lose. I wonder if I would be able to run and jump like him if I did??? I need an owner to regulate my diet and exercise!

Anyway, here's a no longer porky Corky sleeping the sleep of the blessed after a long hard morning's walk:corkyslim.jpg

Bless him he's done so well, it's hard work all that exercise for you and him! I went out for meal with horsey girl friends last night and must admit at times I do wonder if it's me or the ponies that need a muzzle:oops: x

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com