No leg aids

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
This could be in the wrong place, it could be the rider needs the training rather than the horse.

Had I been on the ball I would copied the advert.sorry. :redface:

Came across a young horse not long backed whom is described as "forward going but safe" they used capitals for the word, safe.
Very responsive voice ride and no legs needed as they are so responsive.
It also says they can be pulled up OK.

Correct me if I am wrong but even if you use your voice-which I do, I also need my legs for the downward transitions, half halt, lateral and turning, AND for forwards should the voice not get a response. They are the back up to the voice if you like, the same as the stick backs that up.
Fair enough it won't know any laterals yet, but I can't see how a horse can be ridden without the legs doing something.

True they don't but they have a whip to flick if they don't respond, the same as for lunging.

It doesn't say why its for sale after only being backed this year.
I agree disabled riders do ride without-on a suitably trained horse. Not one where the rider appears to be too scared to touch it.
If its so responsive it could be running from touch and therefore reactive and when you start a horse you teach it the basics surely, to accept the aids.

Sounds to me like it's only SAFE if you don't touch it's sides :giggle:

Me too.

My favourite pony when I was younger was driven and did everything off voice. If you tried to apply leg or got unbalanced and gripped he went upwards!

Looking back now nearly 30 years on I'd be asking a lot of questions but as a child I liked his quirks.

It doesn't say why its for sale after only being backed this year.
I agree disabled riders do ride without-on a suitably trained horse. Not one where the rider appears to be too scared to touch it.
If its so responsive it could be running from touch and therefore reactive and when you start a horse you teach it the basics surely, to accept the aids.

yup

newrider.com