No Horse poop !

KateWooten

Sep 28, 2005
TN
You know some times of the year, life is sweet, and there's 'No Horse Poo' ... (maybe becasue the horses are all out in fields, or for whatever other reason) well, I kind of miss that already. Does anyone else ?

It's kind of like, when there's no horse poo, you have more time to hang out and chat with your buddies. Bummer. Sometimes it feels like it's permanent. That's because it is.

I hear things are easier in Canada - perhaps because the ground is frozen and covered in snow ? Is that still true about there being no Horse Poo to deal with in Canada ?

When I have No Horse Poo I like to hang out with the horses in the field, I find there is usually Horse Poo which I can pick up and take away with me to the Muck Heap of Plenty.

I have recently found out that if I smell my car boot it reminds me of Horse Poo... wonder why that is...

I wish my horse was in the field..

but we're boarded at a RS/boarding barn. So plenty of poo here Kate, c'mon up to Ohio! :cool:

We have a poo pile that spooks horses because it constantly steams. LOL not the smarter horses, mind..

I think the organic waste truck comes weekly or something like that.

Lottie, I refer you to your own .siggy.

btw (OT) - have you managed to get rid of that unibrow yet ? only I see you have some nasal hairs sprouting too now. No More Reading, Young LADY !

when I have no horse poo I have to start thinking of other things to do like: washing up :eek: I hope its not permanent!!!

Reading Between The Lines, I strongly suspect that Lora would love to have no horse poo. What does everyone else think ?

There's no horse poo in Slovenia either, instead of snow here, we've got rain, in the Alps in January :eek: - strange how you miss it isn't it :D

Woah ! Turns out this is such a widespread problem - pretty much everyone is suffering ! I can't keep my box free of the stuff fast enough - and it keeps getting overfull !

I think the problem in general is too many of us on such a small area, then things get overloaded and the whole system doesn't work any more. Poo starts to pile up. The other thing, of course, is when you're on a yard that's not really being run on a proper commercial basis. Well, then nobody's really got any obligation to keep up with things, and I suspect quite often these places are permanently on the verge of bankruptcy. No big suprise then if everyone has to move again at short notice.

THere's a different system altogether in Canada. I wonder if we couldn't all move there :D That would be COOL.

No poop here to pick up, I miss seeing my girls.

At least I know I can go to the stable where things are more accessible to get my horse fix & keep in touch with the horse world.

BTW here's a rescent photo of them taken just before Christmas. Look at all that snow! Can you believe that it's pretty much all gone now, replaced by water? I can't access my girls, but in time I'll be able to. Just have to be patient.
Stayingaway52007_2085.jpg
[/IMG]

Lot's of snow, up to 5' high + snowbank
Walkingaway12007_2079.jpg

Last edited:
I thought your girls were at home LMS ? Oh, no wait. hold on .... are you sstill camped out under the desk at the office, with your very dodgy knee all cramped up ?

Our Poo is frozen. I mean, I'm not the best at dealing with it when it's not, I only occasionally look at the field and think, hmm, I could be doing something with that Poo.

But I do find I get kind of wistful, and think of the summer, when all the dung beetles are busy with the Poo. Where do they go in winter? Are they averse to frozen Poo? I mean, I eat frozen spinach, and sometimes, it looks a bit - no, OK, I'm going to stop there ;)

hehehe they're saying the word "poop"!:D Feel like a kid:D

Say... I was wondering, for those of you that have many horses, I'm sure you must have a designated pile somewhere: how often do you clean it out?

That snow looks lovely LMS, can I come and visit you :D
The meltdown must make it qiute muddy though, or is it still frozen

Of course you can come!:D Yeah this past week has been quite warm in Eastern Ontario, can't vouch for the other provinces though. Apparently it's like a lake at home, there is still a bit of snow, so I gather the girls aren't slugging through the muck. It's slowly getting colder again.

I thought your girls were at home LMS ? Oh, no wait. hold on .... are you sstill camped out under the desk at the office, with your very dodgy knee all cramped up ?

Yep still camped out under here. Quite cozy too I must say. But now that my hip is stronger, I can handle going up & down stairs without crutches. So we're looking at going back to the house.

newrider.com