Nimby Thread - 22yo fogys aren't ment to bolt off...

Kc..

Nov 7, 2007
North Cotswolds
www.casseywatson.co.uk
when they are sposed to be walking and trotting in circles because they pulled a muscle.

I gave Nimby a good groom tacked up and we got ready to take him out. I thougt i'd long-rein him for a while first to let off some steam...

Did a couple of miles going up and down the lane.. took him into the field and i don't think he walked once. I was trying desperately to get him to walk but he just jogged CONSTANTLY.

Silly me to think he would be ok in a snaffle just to walk and trot in a circle. So i carried on trying to school him.. then off he went head down mouth open.. galloped off up the field haha!

I was giggling to myself but still BAD pony!

I love him though he's such a cutie.

Pics! How is he looking? (please remember he is 22 and has been out of PROPER work for just over a month.)

Ready to go walkies!
DSC05757.jpg

DSC05758.jpg

DSC05759.jpg

^^ He doesn't stand like that usually he was just walking to his left lol. His confirmation isn't that bad i swear ;)

DSC05760.jpg

DSC05761.jpg

DSC05762.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:
He looks smashing :)

My oldie thinks he's 4 not 24....especially when he's out with my neighbour's horse who is half his age and does 3 day eventing...we let them go on a track and Punch said, "Eat my Dust!!!" and shot off....

I don't know if you've tried this when he's jogging, but my coach suggests squeezing your bum cheeks :eek: together to bring him back to walk....although I admit I having really tested it when he's jogging on the homeward stretch but I was suprised at how instant the reaction was when he was jogging during my Dressage tests...just a thought...

I really love to hear about horses still at work in their 20's they have so much to offer...they can teach so much...enjoy him xxx

Lol no i only long reined him for a bit he jogged with me on don't worry ;)

I have tried that but usally just relaxing giving a slight pull on the reins until he walks then relaxing again normally works.. it's taken me 7years to work that out though ;)

But today it wasn't working haha, a little fresh i thinks :D

ETA : His punk rocker mane has obviously given him a kease of life. He does look funny hahaha. Specially as it looks like he's dyed it cus he's all chestnut with flaxen (blonde VERY blonde) main and tail :p

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine

I'll take Nim off your hands if he's being a little monster ;) It's no trouble at all!! I don't mind honest .........

GIVE HIM TO ME PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE :D

You know you wanna!

xxxx

he's looking good. with the jogging (whilst on board ;)) you need to walk with your bum (well.. works for my oldie who was mega hyper yesterday, walk became jog and trot was collected canter until i started riding the pace i wanted to and she thought it would be best to match :p) its tricky as we're all taught to follow the horses movement and then we're told to go against it :p

newrider.com