Nightmare weather - anybody else have?!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Yesterday it was about as foul as it gets down our way:stomp: Woodworm man arrived, farrier arrived and vet all at same time, in the middle of the worst gale force wind we've ever had!!!!! Caravan was rocking about, doors kept slamming, baler twine breaking, buckets sailing off alone, lids flying off storage bins - god what a dreadful time! It was most stressful, and I have to say I was glad to crawl into my little caravan bed last night:biggrin: The wind died down a little, but it was annoying as I had a lot to do with Storm, she had a lameness check and then I had to lunge her, not nice with the wind nearly knocking me out!!!!! Was it just freak weather at our house????! Farrier couldn't believe it, he reckoned it wasn't so bad elsewhere????? oh and to top things off, OH was cooking on the camping stove last night and nearly served me INTRASITE GEL stew!!!!!!! He'd used the pan to bathe Joe's leg in and somehow got gel from the wound into it. Good job I checked it before he started cooking....:bounce:

INTRASITE GEL stew!!!!!!!

Ewwwwww!!!!

Nope, weather down here isn't too bad - quite warm-ish during the day (late teens/early 20s) although it has been windy for a few days. The kitesurfers are having a blast in the harbour though!

Otherwise it's not rained here for a while again - probably a good couple of weeks since a proper downpour (although it rained for about an hour 2 days ago - doesn't count!)

We have been having terrible weather on the west coast too. Monday, Tuesday and yesterday morning we had torrential rain and very high winds. It brightened up yesterday afternoon though and today it's lovely and sunny, although the air is definintely cooler. :cold:

It's been pretty good here.

My 3 are still living out at the moment and are very happy to be in their newly built 3 acre paddock.

Their other paddocks are smaller and thinner so they are loving having a large square one to gallop about it.

Life of riley that lot I tell you.

I am feeling ill at the moment, horrible cold, shivers, hot, achy etc. so am glad they are still living out and have plenty of grass in new paddock too so I can take it easy.

Weather been pretty bad here, gale force winds, freezing cold, hammering down with rain, definatly not nice.

Claire1605 - hope you are feeling much better soon, its one of my big worries in the winter months if I get poorly, cos our pair don't live out all the time! Take it easy.

Its driving me potty - its chucking it down and horrendously windy (equals cold ponies) then still and sunny = midge swarmed ponies (I cant rug for this properly :()

newrider.com