Newbie here, saying hello!

Swanmay

Sep 1, 2016
Hello everyone!

I've just discovered this wonderful forum after looking for some product reviews. Have to say it seems very friendly and welcoming.

A little about me then. I'm 18 and I live in the West Midlands (UK). I started riding when I was maybe 8 years old, then stopped when I got to GCSEs due to time restrictions. I started again last year, and I'm now in my second year of Equine Management at college. In the future I hope to go to uni for equine science (so if anyone goes to Hartpury please let me know how it is!), and ride as a hobby.

I'm a novice rider desperately trying to improve. I'd like to be able to do my BHS Stage 1 this time next year and do my stage 2 and 3 in uni. I don't have a horse currently, but last summer I loaned a beautiful Andalusian mare. She was my first loan horse and I have definitely fallen in love with the breed! I plan to own once I finish university and settle down, if not sooner. But I have a long list of things I need first.

Reactions: Gimp
Hi there I am new too. I have my own cob called merlin he is 4 and just been backed we are trying to work together, its taking its time. I have a trainer comes once a week that helps. Have not been riding long so we are learning together.

newrider.com