Newbie Hello

BexxyT

Aug 14, 2022
Hi all,

Am new to this page but just wanted to say hello. Am currently renting out my stables as not quite got the time to commit as yet, but hopefully that will change in the next year to so. All hints and tips gratefully received as have never actually owned my own horse/pony before.

Thanks
Becky

Reactions: Jessey
You have stables already, but not a horse? That's an unusual order! Did you just happen to get stables along with your house? Do you have land to go with it?

Sorry for nosy questions - nice to meet you!

You have stables already, but not a horse? That's an unusual order! Did you just happen to get stables along with your house? Do you have land to go with it?

Sorry for nosy questions - nice to meet you!
Bit odd isn’t it! I have always wanted horses and we brought a piece of land with stables on a few years ago. Rented them out for a while and then managed to get planning permission to build a house in the field next door and then built some more stables! Again, we rent them out at the minute and I keep chickens in one but when I work less I would love to have horses. We have about 7.5 acres so nice little pad now. All helping me save to achieve my dream!

Reactions: Huggy and Jessey
Sounds fantastic. What sort of horse would you want to get? Well, you would need more than one, obviously. What sort of riding experience have you?

I had basic lessons as a child and one of our recent tenants let me ride with her a lot. Still need refresher lessons. Am not actually too worried about riding to be honest, I just like having them around, although the odd ride out would be lovely.

Would like a cob really.

Reactions: Huggy
Yes, something like that would be perfect, just not quite yet in a perfect world. He’s lovely, what’s his name?

I also have a traditional cob - he's not a treasure lol. (Mind he's nearer to being one than when I got him!) I doubt he'll ever be quite such a treasure as Sid - i think Sid broke the mould! Your place sounds lovely bexxyT.Screenshot_20220103-205201_Photos.jpg

He's called Sid. I've only had him 18 months, and it was touch and go whether I would get him. You can read about our adventures all over this forum but especially in Sid's Diary https://newrider.com/threads/sids-diary.256400/ .

I would so love to have my own set up like you! I am very envious. Green eyed monster beware!
😂😂 but I have all the gear and no idea, and you’re lucky enough to have gorgeous Sid. I’ll have a look at your diary!

I also have a traditional cob - he's not a treasure lol. (Mind he's nearer to being one than when I got him!) I doubt he'll ever be quite such a treasure as Sid - i think Sid broke the mould! Your place sounds lovely bexxyT.View attachment 113526
He’s a very handsome beast! What a beauty, even if he’s not perfectly behaved yet. I am very jealous off you both but I’ll get there one day i’m sure.

newrider.com