New Yard Boots Help Needed

missymoo24

Nov 30, 2007
Hampshire
Morning:biggrin:

My Harry Hall Yale Yard Boots have died:stomp:,
So I'm shopping for some new ones but cant see any I like!!
Has any-one got any recommendations?
Many Thanks!

You're kidding me right????!lol, I love boot threads - hehehehehe.
Ok, my recommendations for yard boots are as follows;
(You've already had Harry Hale Yale - shame they've died, I loved mine !!)

I have the following - tried and tested in the WORST most disgusting mud and wet weather.

Sherwood country boots - around £89 - they are fab, comfy pull on's. There are two styles (Robinsons sell one but I got the other cannot remember the name but they are very similar)

Muck boot company pull on with neoprene linings - these are suitable for riding in - £62. They are a tad ugly but they do have super grips in the icy weather and keep your feet warm. You can ride in them but I prefer not too as my stirrups are a bit narrow making it a bit hazardous.

Toscana long boots in brown oiled leather - approx £70 - Robinsons own brand. These have a very chunky grip sole and a side zip. Very generous size and easy to take on and off. They don't look particularly smart and don't polish up, but they are an excellent boot for riding in as well as yard work.

Sherwood synthetic long riding / yard boots in black. These cost me £40 from our local tack shop and have been brilliant for the money, they have a fur lining too! (If you look on their website you can get the actual name of them). They are a generous fit and have a good grip on the sole. Nice to ride in too. I have treated mine very badly but they have still done the trick! (Am not really very kind to my footwear at times!lol)

Hope that helps.

Thank you people,offf to do some shopping I think:biggrin:

I loved my harry hall yale boots but I've had them a year and all the lining is all in holes,making them a pain in the butt to take off if it wasnt for that I would be buying another pair.

Ariat windermeres get my vote!! expensive but if they don't last a year ariat will replace them for free.....super customer service too!

Ariat windermeres get my vote!! expensive but if they don't last a year ariat will replace them for free.....super customer service too!

oooops sorry didnt mean to post again!

I just got a pair of Arctic Muck boots (they have a website), not sure if they're available in UK but they are very light and warm.

newrider.com