New Saddle

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Well it's certainly forward cut enough for me!

20181026_183436-800x450.jpg

I've had to crop Gracie's vast belly out of this one...

20181026_190812-800x459.jpg

The ridden trial started really well. She walked around really nicely. She started stretching through and lifting her back....all was good, saddle was comfy. Then I had to ask for trot. I had been dreading this part and true to form, after half a lap she swished her tail and gave me a mini-bronc. I changed to rein and asked for trot again and she just bounced on the spot! Now....this saddle has been custom-built to fit her so as she did walk around so calmly and nicely I am putting her behaviour down to high jinks, no ridden work for 4 weeks, new saddle and no numnah, clipping vs a sharp cold wind and my nerves/tension. Plus it is a jump saddle and sits over her shoulder now so that might also feel odd. She behaved EXACTLY like this when I had the brand new Monarch in April and when I hacked her out 24 hours later she was a star. So, a hack tomorrow it is then....and then reassess...

Reactions: GaryB
Have you had a physio out to her?
Yes. And she's had some back issues. If she doesn't settle after the saddle has bedded in I'm going to have her back x-rayed because I need to know whether there are any physical problems causing her discomfort, rather than blaming a run of ill-fitting saddles. Her tendency to ride hollow could be due to an internal issue rathef than her being lazy. Obviously I would hate to discover that there is something going on that no saddle on earth would fix, but I'm starting to feel that I need to get this done..... for her sake - and my piece of mind. The clock is ticking for insurance as well.

newrider.com