New model Ifor Williams trailers

Stormin

Jun 28, 2007
Export - GMT+1
Does anyone here have one or any experience of one (ideally HB506 or HB511) ?

Can I ask your opinions on the trailer - the good, the bad and the ugly :giggle:
Maybe you had an old-style before ? How does it compare ?

And the wild-card question - anyone have any experience of an HB511 oblique ?

Thanks very much :smile:

I had a HB511. I bought it in 2009, personally I had no problems with it. I sold it a couple of months ago as I cant tow it on my licence and I want a 3.5 box so I can take myself places! A common problem with them is mold on the ceiling but mine was fine.:biggrin:

heard more bad than good tbh

alledgedly the sides are really thin and mark very easily so a friend of mine is selling her 506 and going back to a 505 as her horse kicks and she's scared of him going through the sides! We've heard of a couple that have kicked through the side but whether that is true or .... who knows! But its worth looking into.

Another friend has a 511 and loves it ....

She says its lighter to tow than her old 505

I've heard good and bad - I'd go and have a really good look at one and maybe hire one for a weekend and see what you think of it and how it would work out for you personally

It is really hard to get an unbiased view to a question like this, those who loved the older versions are ready to put down the newer ones and those who have bought the newer ones dont really want to hear criticism.
The same with the 3.5t boxes, most ppl who have them talk up their convenience, size, suitability and ease of loading etc. Yet many others put them down as unstable etc citing anecdote to justify their own position.
You would not believe how everybody I knew who was delighted when I got a hire trailer turned into a trailer hating lorry fanatic the minute I had an accident....
The answer.... make your own mind up, its likely to be more reliable xxx

newrider.com