new ifor or bateson ascot??

rach4uk4

Colourful Comedian :)
Sep 9, 2005
brentwood, essex. UK
which is better??
would like a light and airy interior which both of these have.
which is best to tow? and what vehicle is best to tow them?
i have a 15.3hh warmblood who gets slightly anxious whilst traveeling so want the smoothest ride for him
thanks!
x

I would never buy an Ifor as they are a prime target for thieves. Bateson trailers are lovely :).

Definately an Ifor Williams...they have the best security features. From what I have been told, they're the only trailers that are manufactured with a data tag fitted and the police have a special gun to locate it (it's like a radar gun)

Speaking from experience here, a couple of years ago we bought a "bargain" that turned out to be a knock of!!!! The number on the front of the chassis had been professionaly welded over and a false number burned in. Within minutes of the copper scanning over the inside of the trailer the tag was found.

The trailer was confiscated and we lost our money....the good side to this story is, the person it was stolen from hadn't got it insured.:)

I have had both. Much prefer the batesons, much smoother, like the fact that the off front loading ramp is on the near side to the road than the Ifor. My horses alot happier in the batesons.

I have had both. Much prefer the batesons, much smoother, like the fact that the off front loading ramp is on the near side to the road than the Ifor. My horses alot happier in the batesons.

I have the brand new ifor model and love it. I find it very quiet and smooth. The new models are slightly bigger than the old models. No issues with the front ramp if you order from new as you can choose which side to have it. I have no experience of batesons -sorry.

I do really like the new ifors, but have heard that the Batesans are alot easier and smoother to tow than the old ifors

A girl on our yard has just bought a new shiny Ifor 506 and it's lovely!!!

I used to have a 505 which I really liked but the 506 is miles better and much bigger and airier inside. Much better quality finish as well.

Never seen a Bateson up close so can't really comment.

newrider.com