New Horse New me!

Updated Moo is going to a me home tonight.. after a super stressful week I have found her a lovely home(yes they’re dealers ) but were recommend from my instructor, their facilities are outstanding they have 2 mares that already have had their foals. She has a lovely foaling paddock and people are on the yard 24/7. It’s a great yard busy with people, kids, toddlers, dogs, geese, ducks and prudence the big lol just running around wild ha ha they are taking her as part exchange .. they don’t have anything at the minute for me .,, one we saw that would have been suitable was sold the previous day.. but I’m in no rush as my priority was to get Moo sorted. We can go and see her as much as we want and Charlie (my daughter) is going up at the weekends to help with the horses grooming mucking out etc ., so I’m quite pleased with that.

The passport issue has been a nightmare !!! Animal welfare officers have been brilliant from my district, the district she was bought from and the district she’s going to. They all agreed for her to travel (even with no passport ) as it’s all in the best interest for Moo under the circumstances, but then yesterday I had some good news the animal officer went to the evil sellers house and physically retrieved the passport for me!!!

The new place Moo is going to have told me to transfer the passport into my name and to keep it until they find something suitable for me.,,, I don’t think they can be any fairer than that and I thank them for their help.

As sad as today is going to be and the heartache we’ve had I’m really pleased we got Moo because I feel as though I have given her a fresh start and a beginning from whatever horrible unsettled life she may have had ... I brushed her down last night for ages lots of carrots and apples and told her I’m doing the best for her and her baby ... sure she want interested though only in the carrots

Well goodness, how fantastic for Moo. And so good to hear you talking so positively about the experience and the opportunity it has given you to care for Moo. You have certainly earned a whole horse bucket full of good karma for the effort and care you have put into the whole horrible situation.

You've got me in tears. How wonderful you've been for that poor horse. So glad you've managed to reach a good conclusion for all of you. Also glad you got the help you needed from authorities etc. Please let us know all the various outcomes - goodness knows, you and your family deserve to find that special horse. Good vibes to all of you.

Oh wow what a roller-coaster! Well done op for finding a promising home for Moo through all this chaos. I started reading your thread thinking, well, it's quite usual to feel a bit overwhelmed with a new horse and have some tricky moments at first...you've had more than tricky moments, that's for sure. I hope this hasn't put you off the horse world entirely - there are lovely horses and people out there too.

Reactions: Huggy
Ah well done you, that sounds like a pretty good outcome :) but the cynical side of me is just thinking please get a contract with the new dealer, just to be careful that they don't take her in exchange then when it comes to crunch time slap you with a huge livery bill and you end up owing them money or something crazy, you just need something in writing signed by both of you, to cover everyone.

Reactions: Russet
Well all seems to be going well I have seen Moo a few times she’s settled getting fat and hanging on in there no foal yet ... I can’t wait to see it ... I feel thrilled she’s settled .. in the meantime both me and my daughter have been at riding school and my confidence is coming back in abundance...just starting jumping again “at my age!” Lol really enjoying it again ...also where Moo is they have a 16:1 Irish sports horse he’s a proper school master and both my daughter and I have been riding him he’s such a gentle giant and carries my daughter like he has a precious load on his back .... I never thought I’d think of something like him for us both “hence why I went for cob” but he has amazing manners and is super in the school ... we’ve just been spending time with him getting to know him and riding in the ménage ... he’s a real confidence giver .... I’m taking him out for a long hack at the weekend see how he is in open fields ... I’ve walked him straight out of the yard on to a busy 50mph road no problem ... I think he may be the one ... such a difference 14:2 cob to 16:1 Irish sports horse xx

Sounds like things are working out well and I have a huge smile on my face now knowing that both Moo and you and your daughter have a positive outcome. This sports horse sounds amazing. It just goes to show how open minded you have to be. I ended up with a 16.1hh shire x who really is far too big for me as I am only 5ft 3. My legs only just go over the bottom of the saddle flaps. But he is my ideal horse and we were meant to be together. I wish you all the very best of luck.

Reactions: Huggy
So good to hear this! If everyone comes out of this safe and happy, that's a good result. Sounds like the negative turned into a positive!

Moo is well and this morning had this .. filly named daisy both are well I’ve been in floods of tears this afternoon

Attachments

• 6A71A129-3421-49A2-B0EA-6721468F86C5.png
    6A71A129-3421-49A2-B0EA-6721468F86C5.png
    521.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 1C137076-BE46-4508-93DA-113FE4EB213C.png
    1C137076-BE46-4508-93DA-113FE4EB213C.png
    561.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 049C742A-B7E4-4603-ADA4-1EF4173194CF.png
    049C742A-B7E4-4603-ADA4-1EF4173194CF.png
    658 KB · Views: 17
What a stressful journey you've been on. Give yourself a very hearty pat on the back for doing the absolute best (and probably hardest) thing you could have done, in horrendous circumstances. I take my hat off to you. Sit down and have a large glass of wine - you've earned it! Moo and Daisy look amazing!

What a stressful journey you've been on. Give yourself a very hearty pat on the back for doing the absolute best (and probably hardest) thing you could have done, in horrendous circumstances. I take my hat off to you. Sit down and have a large glass of wine - you've earned it! Moo and Daisy look amazing!
Believe me my bottle of red is well and truly open !!! I have so many emotions today can’t stop crying for her ... I’m so relieved they are both well.. I’m on my holidays next week and when I come back this boy “Sol” will be over so I’m trying to focus on this guy

Attachments

• 9A137FAD-8419-43B8-AF13-66FFAC02CE79.jpeg
    9A137FAD-8419-43B8-AF13-66FFAC02CE79.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 7CC632DE-58EF-4FF7-BBB1-B81EE3BE520E.png
    7CC632DE-58EF-4FF7-BBB1-B81EE3BE520E.png
    513.5 KB · Views: 18
Well everyone I have had positive feedback from the horse society legal team and guess what the dealer had “tweaked” her name a little and when I have just googled her real name oh my they have been fined £1000s in the past for fraudulent passports (I still haven’t received mine anyway!) horses sold unfit for purpose horses which have had to be put to sleep and not only horses ...dog scams as well !! Buying them from Ireland pretending they’re pedigrees fraudulent pedigree papers heartbroken
Hello, sorry to trouble you but I am also looking for this person. They are now also doing kitten scams where kittens have died once sold. I don't suppose you have any further information on her? Many thanks

Hello, sorry to trouble you but I am also looking for this person. They are now also doing kitten scams where kittens have died once sold. I don't suppose you have any further information on her? Many thanks
All I can say is if you have her name, Google it and see if there's anyone you can report her to. (If you don't have her name, go back a page on this thread, it's on there) Whatever you do, report it to someone - this one obviously doesn't learn her lesson, no matter how often she's caught.

Jane, private message me if you can. I have also fallen foul of this horrible excuse for a human being.

newrider.com