New horse in riding school

Gattino

Happy Appy
Jul 16, 2012
Ireland
Had a brilliant lesson today, the riding school has just got a new horse so he has only been in one lesson so far before my lesson.

I was really happy my intructor wanted me to ride him, he is a lovely palomino called Pineapple, so cute :inlove: he was slightly worried at one point that there was horse eating monsters in one corner of the arena but he was grand then and I gave him lots of reassurance and pats.

Pineapple has a lovely active walk, nice trot not too bouncy at all, I think he is a pony actually or a small horse, I sometimes ride the bigger ponies as I am only 5'3" and am lightish. Really easy to canter on, has a nice smooth transition but brakes are a bit faulty :unsure: as I learned first time we cantered so I then did a circle next couple times to help him slow down a bit and relax and trot and walk before joining the end of the ride as it was a group lesson.

He is lovely and I am going to ride him next week too. My instructor was kidding that they put me on him as she knows I'll laugh if something doesn't go right. Not that I don't take what I am doing seriously and I would not find it funny if something bad happened but I am fairly relaxed and don't panic if something happens that shouldn't I guess. Hope that makes sense!

And not too far from next time I am on a horse as on Monday going on a hack on my new share horse, I will definitely take some photos so you can see the lovely boy I am lucky to be sharing. Will keep up my lessons as I have lots to work on still and learn but it will be brilliant to get to ride about 3 times a week instead of once :biggrin:

newrider.com